Luclin Model Appearance Change

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fumm, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Fumm New Member

I cannot seem to change my hair/face/color ect on any Luclin model character without it reverting back to default every time I zone ( Agnarr ). I have tried to change a characters appearance on 7 different computers and none seem to allow me to do so. It keeps reverting after logging or zoning.

Does anyone know a work around to this? Is this something saved server side that is not being saved, or is it saved to a local file?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Fumm New Member

4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Are you running EQ in administrator mode? If not, you might give that a try.
    Zipe likes this.
  5. Fumm New Member

I actually have tried this, with no luck. I have also tried deleting all character related userdata files that I could find. No go.
  6. Donroy Elder

People actually play with the Luclin models? (sorry I couldn't resist).
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It also references Luclin model if you read it thoroughly and go backwards lol " In my case, I can change the face (using Luclin models), but it never saves." and "Just remember making a change to each Luclin model forces the original model back to default original model" but most important in that thread is

"If you have any hair option selected in new models other than "bald", it will lock your face to a specific face when using old world models.

If you go back to new models, choose the "bald" hair option, your face should be changeable again when using the old models."

AND it was bug reported.

Good luck
  8. Fumm New Member

Yeah, I can't change to bald using new models, because changing features using new models doesn't work for me. I have also tried the reverse in that I swapped back to old models, and changed the face to something other than default (this works and the change sticks fine ), but swapping back to new Luclin models, I still cannot alter features without it reverting back to default when I zone.
  9. Osco Journeyman

Does running the full file scan when starting EQ have any effect?
  10. Raltar Augur

I only run troll and ogre for classic models. Everything else is luclin models.
    Risiko likes this.
  11. Risiko Augur

Good choice. The Ogre and Troll classic models are a ton better than their Luclin versions. The only other one I would add to that is are the Iksar. The classic Iksar models are slender and very expressive in their combat animations. The Luclin Iksar models are too bulky in size.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Turned on luclin models when that expansion came out, then I promptly turned them off.
  13. kizant Augur

Luck-lin models are terrible.