Next TLP "2 True Box"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

It isn't the ruleset I want either, I want aocs and no truebox.

What we have is a compromise.
  2. Aurmoon Augur

I’d actually consider playing on a new TLP if they put in place such a ruleset. But as long as truebox stands, I’m out.

Hi Machen!
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

OK, got it. I don't think it's that bad but I take your point.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Because that's where the money is from DBG's perspective.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

They aren't using VMs. They are using a "new" cheat/bot program.
  6. Machentoo Augur

/wave

Was just mentioning you the other day, thinking about players we'd love to play with again but we know will never log into truebox ;p
    Aurmoon likes this.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

All 3 "true box" servers are not "true box" at this point. You have 3 servers to my 0. As well as 2 servers pasts where AoC are needed for the most part and no "true box" on them. What we have is 5, 6 boxer+ friendly servers and none for people that want to play on a server without that.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I 6 box on Agnarr using 6 machines. 100% the way Trubox was designed to be used. I don't feel like I am monopolizing your content in any way, shape, or form. Furthermore, DBG is first and foremost a business in the business of making a profit. Box crews even if they use VM and proxies (which will get around any sort of detection you wish to come up with) are paying subs. Even if they use Krono someone at one point paid $17.99 for that month to DBG. This is a large markup from the standard 1 month sub fee. Most of the Krono market is likely a product of boxers.

Boxers make DBG money. As long as that statement holds true your dream server just isn't going to happen.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Have you ever tried to 6 box on truebox? Just because people do it, does not mean it is easy or boxer friendly. It is a pain in the . I don't even try any more, and I six boxed for many years before Phinigel (no scripting, just ixboxer)
  10. Hateseeker Augur

True box is an automated solution, automated in that it doesn't require constant GM intervention. Of course, it's also not completely effective. Raid instancing might take out a lot of the raid toxicity, but even if 99% of the game including group content was instanced, there would be toxicity over there remaining 1%. Now, being only 1% of content the overall toxicity levels would be reduced.

I think Pantheon, which is desperately trying to avoid instancing, is going to learn some hard lessons at some point, and will end up adopting instancing anyway, as well as need to have some measure of an effective GM force. EQ is at least doing the instancing part but they've cut GM support to the bone.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This has nothing to do with you or you box crew. Fact is if you allow 6 boxing in any shape or form you are gonna get 4 naked mages, chanter cleric groups perma camping Efreeti and you're gonna drive away paying customers that don't wanna play on a server with that.

As far as the money angle goes it's an awful point for 3 reasons

First and most importantly Certain types of boxing drives other paying customers away from playing and i'm not advocating for these to be the rules for all servers. Or even every progression servers from here on out, i'm advocating for the next and maybe something like every other TLP to have these rules.

Second Krono only makes DBG money when sold not consumed so when Bob the Casual buys 5 krono cause they're on sale then sells them in game to by an FBSS and some other gear. DBG made money from Bob the casual not the guy AFK boxing 6 that uses those Krono so he can monopolize Frenzy in the base pick for a month.

Third DBG makes a lot of it's money from microtransations and most boxers simply just don't buy vanity items at all for their large box crews.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So you argument is that you're personally bad at boxing therefor you can't actually box, despite that fact that plenty of other people do it.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's hard to speculate on where DBG makes most of their money. It's probably better if we stick to discussing the gameplay aspects that we directly see and experience, no?
  14. Hateseeker Augur

Game company revenue has long been used as a get out of making a valid response free card. If you oppose whatever the gaming company has already decided/is already doing, you're swarmed with variants on "they're a business and have to make money" responses that don't directly address whatever you said.
  15. Brunlin Augur

Im not sure why most peeps say they can not financially buy a pc for another box. They act like they need to spend a fortune on a new pc or a expensive gaming rig. Just go to Craigs list or any facebook yardsale group and be on the look out for a 5-10 year old office pc or laptop that can run win 7 or better for 40-80 bucks and that will work just fine. I have 2 extra I-5 Ivy bridge pcs that i managed to snag for 80 bucks each and have upgraded them a little bit with spare parts and a extra video card that cost me 30 dollars and they run as smooth as butter.

Right before Agnaar launched i bought 80 dollars worth of lumber and made a cool looking flat table that is 6 foot long to hold all 3 pcs and 4 monitors. I even stain it and coated it with poly to make it look like an Ikea table. It doesnt cost a fortune to have a good set up, just some research on Pinterest ahd spend a little time on craigslist or facebook looking at used stuff and be prepared to haggle a littlebit.
  16. Aziuno Augur

Sweet! 2 Instances of EQ per PC? Woot! 6 boxers now 12 boxers!

I don't see how your suggestion would help the issue you describe.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

I would wager that the number of people playing on a TLP that cannot afford a $200 laptop is insignificant. I'm not boxing 6 toons for reasons other than not being able to afford it, as I imagine most others are as well.
    Brunlin likes this.
  18. LarsBars New Member

-I prefer to play EQ 70% solo and 30% grouped. This is because mostly when I have time to play its 30 mins to 2 hours.
    -You need a duo to make any sort of progress in EQ if you're going to be playing alone.
    -Setting up two machines at least in my house is far more of a pain in the than using one machine and alt-tabbing.

Another thing to think about ... It's the solo play time that gets me interested in making time in my life for grouping/raids. When I don't play solo I stop playing the game altogether.
  19. Hinastrom Elder

People generally suck. Everquest generally rules.

See where im going here?
  20. Hdizzle Augur

Nah, just turn the stupid thing off. AOC's allow everyone access to (nearly) everything in the game.

They were smart to save the AOC's with no Truebox ruleset. When phinny players get to live era and realize its pretty annoying having truebox for no reason other than DBG can't police MaqroKwest2 from dominating Classic-Velious on TLPs, they'll reroll.