Any time frame for unlocking TDS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Carv, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Carv New Member

Just checking in on this, past expansions have unlocked in the April/May time frame.
  2. Warpeace Augur

The answer is still not at this time....AKA. No.

You really didn't need to start a second thread asking the same thing.
  3. Carv New Member

Sure there was, the devs have a better chance of reading this forum than the regular "chat" forums. Maybe it's something they forgot to do in the rush of Anniversary events. Anyway, no harm in trying to bring it to their attention.
  4. Febb Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?help/terms
  5. fortuneteller Augur

There however rules about not cross-posting
  6. Warpeace Augur

Except player support is just that, other players trying to assist.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Far as I know I can zone in My Free to play Toon into 3 zones that are not locked.
    I cant remember if the TDS raids were unlocked?
    I think the issue is that it would take DEV time to do it and they should be working on the new Expansion for the Fall > over this old zone.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You could buy the latest expansion which would give you all of them, even free accounts can buy just the expansions.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I'm confused...I thought TDS has been unlocked for almost 2 years now?
  10. ForumBoss Augur

Im assuming you mean is the expansion free on live servers. I haven't bought any expansions on some accounts, and my FV characters are level 101+. 101+ was unlocked with TDS. I haven't tried to go there yet, but I'm assuming you can.
  11. Carv New Member

what i meant by "unlocked" is are the T2+ zones open, can you go into them without doing the progression. As i said, i tried to go into a T2 zone a few days ago and i could not. previous expansions have had zones that are locked behind progression opened up after a certain amount of time.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Ah. I would not expect them to be unlocked any time soon, especially since the tank power sources from Combine are still very much in demand. The RoS Cliff Stones have been incredibly rare for me...I have only seen 2 since launch, and I have the VP hunter done.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

They have? I've got 10-12 on my Rogue, 5-6 on both my Zerkers, 10-12 on my Warrior. Dragon Scales... an equal amount of them on my DPS chars. They're not rare. I most certainly would never go back to TDS to farm them, they're far more rare there.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I believe when the expac first came out, they dropped very fast in VP. I did not get my key to VP for several months (because camping those named wasn't my idea of fun), and I missed out on the pre-nerfed drop rate.

But now, I believe the drop rate of any power source dropping is about the same as it was in TDS: ~25%, subjectively. However, in TDS, if a power source drops in Combine, you know it will be a tank power source. In RoS, since all types of power sources (4) can drop in the same zones as the tank ones, you actually have only a 1 in 4 chance that you will get a tank aug if you get any aug.

Hence, you actually have a lower overall rate of tank power sources. I think :)

Couple that with the fact that you need a pretty solid group to hold down the ph's and safely kill the named in RoS (I'm down to just 2-boxing at the moment) and all of a sudden the 10+ ph's I can keep cleared in Combine seem very appealing.