These forums versus that other game's forums

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

While waiting on Velious to come to Coirnav, I have been playing the new expansion on WoW. It's not bad. Totally different game, but won't get in to that.

The point of this thread is that holy crap these forums are tame compared to their forums. I mean seriously. It's a cesspool over there in their forums. I feel sorry for their devs. It's that bad.

The devs here in EQ get a hard time now and then, but let me tell you. You guys and gals have the better community by far.
    Quatr likes this.
  2. monkypowah Elder

yeah but alot of that is just simple math.. there are what 10,000x (or even more?) peeps playing that other game, so isn't there almost bound to be more toxicity in their forums. I myself never got into that other game in a serious way but I watch quite a few streamers who are EQ players by nature and alot of them are saying its their favorite expansion ever which to me, says something.
  3. Risiko Augur

The stories are fun to play through, but all of that is pretty much a solo experience. Therefore, I don't really compare it to EQ.
  4. Laronk Augur

I think a lot of it is volume and the other games players are more of the internet age and younger.

EQ forums have much less volume so its easier to moderate too, also our forum went through a fascist stage where it was: ban anyone and I think a bunch of those outspoken people never came back.

If you look at other games like LoL or anything with a big community you see terrible stuff on the forums.

It gets worse if you go play the games, in league of legends after the playing vs bots stage if you play non-meta or if you have a bad game its not uncommon for people to chew you out. LOL is really better if you just mute the chat unless you like being told to kill yourself and such.
  5. Raltar Augur

I've played countless MMOs over the years and I can tell you all of the communities suck just as much as the rest. The only real difference is the volume of people. When you have more people, you have more forum posts, so it seems like it is worse, but by a percentage, they are all pretty much the same. Because people are people regardless of the game they are playing. And most of them suck.
  6. Whipper Journeyman

I love EverQuest, for some reason the game just feels rejuvenated with these TLP servers, and live servers are still going, I noticed that that other game just has a much bigger audience because it caters to the casual gamer. I used to play it, but after the first few expansions it went downhill and now I can't stomach it. I actually bought the expansion but haven't played it, lol.