Elricv - Bristlebane RoV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Raynrace Augur

For those of you who had the pleasure to know Elric, he was always a genuine class act and all around great person.

It didnt matter if you knew him or if you were a stranger, he would help anytime, anywhere.

Elric passed away suddenly last night and a great light in Norrath has gone out. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.

For those of you who knew him, you are as torn up as we all are.
  2. Cicelee Augur

One of the friendliest people I have ever met in this game. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is a shock. Friendly only can begin to describe the truth of the man. He had a way of making me play my class better without being mean or harsh. I met him in-game as a member of Afterhours and I learned the value of preparation from him. He was exceptional. Is there a place to send condolences IRL?
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

OMG that is horrible. He has been in serverwide.paladins chat for years, one of the last paladins that kept it on autojoin and always /wave when logging in.

Just awful =(
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Elric has been one of the truly awesome people on Bristlebane (I'm pretty sure) since the server was turned on. My sincere condolences to his on line family in RoV and obviously real life family and friends if they happen to see messages here.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Tenaka Lorekeeper

Sorry to hear Ray=\ He was always very nice to me when I was on Bristle. I wish you guys the best during this tough time.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Very sorry to hear. I chatted with him a few times on beta and he seemed like a good dude.
  8. Raynrace Augur

I will pass this on to his family so they can read it. Sent you a PM Nenn
  9. raynerderban New Member

He was a good player and a kind soul and helpful to other players, a testament to his personal character
    MoriquendCotR likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Very sorry to hear it. Only had nice things to say about that guy.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Arwyn-RoV Augur

He epitomized something too many people forget this game has its core.. community. He was always friendly and willing to help anyone do pretty much anything. Loved to talk and visit with people. I'm going to miss him and wish we had some way to commemorate heroes in our guildhalls.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. goirish New Member

Elric and I raided in Afterhours together. He was one of my oldest in game friends. He will be deeply missed.
  13. Deedeedee New Member

Very sorry to hear this, Elric was always friendly to me while I was in RoV and he was always a pleasure to chat with and group with. My thoughts are with his family both in game and in real life.
    D3
  14. Mlipus New Member

Very sorry to hear that, i raided with him for over 30 months. I chatted many times with him, he been always very friedly and helpfull. My prayers are with his family.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Was a good friend, raided together in afterhours, then I joined RoV and we raided together in main raids, as well as casual raids.
    Also spent a lot of late nights just hanging out chatting, sometimes mindlessly killing mobs. Sometimes just hanging in the guild hall.

Was always willing to help out anyone who needed it.
    Stories about his "pet skunk lady" were especially fun. He just couldn't bear to chase her off his land because she looked at him with sad eyes.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Very sad.
    I moved off Bristlebane a long time ago but I remember him well in the early days of the server.
  17. Phaith New Member

Elric was genuinely good man. Going back, to the early days, I never had an interaction with him that wasn't pleasant. While we were playing a game, it's a game that actually lets people help each other and he was always willing to help. He would spend real time and effort with people and it mattered. It's such a shock when you learn that a friend has passed and one who died far too young. He certainly made Everquest and Bristlebane a better place for me.

He will be missed. Condolences to his family.
  18. Widoww New Member

RIP Elric. You really were a person that stuck out in this game for the better.
  19. Reht The Dude abides...

I didn't know him well, but he was a class act every time i interacted with him when i was on BB. Sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family, friends and guildmates.
  20. Thancra Loladin

That's sad, very sorry to hear this, condoleances to his family.