Ragefire transfers to Phinigel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dilf, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Dilf Augur

Delete all of my plat, I don't mind. Just please let me take my level 65 characters that are already a few expansions behind the curve in comparison to Phinigel and let me play with folks who don't walk a fine line between being banned and not. Sure it doesn't take long to level up a new character nowadays on Phinigel, I'm just connected to all of the work it took to get my epic, aa grinds, Cabilis and Chardok reps, and so on.

This request probably won't be kindly received, but RF feels like a prison if you aren't 6-18 boxing, and I'll gladly pay to join the living on Phinigel!
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Just level up. Itll be faster. I guarantee you can find a power level on any mature server once you find a guild or friends.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No thanks. Feel free to reacquire your new toon thru gameplay.
  4. Lankie Augur

Could have been level 50 in the time it took to type this post. A server transfer to save you 2 weeks of grinding? No.
  5. Dilf Augur

It's not just the levels that matter to me, though I already have 2 chars near 60 on Phinny. SK epic was a pain in the butt, PoP/GoD/Luclin raid gear and clickies, and so on. I know it's super fast to level now, but the defiant gear cannot replace that other stuff, especially since it will be the solo life for now.

I understand why people would not want transfers to happen, but wouldn't adding players to the population help sustain the raid scene for the long term? Plus another revenue stream for DBG..
    Critt likes this.
  6. Snomie Elder

They will never allow it to happen just because of different rulesets. That said, the SK epic would be the only one that would take time to replace (although you'd have barely any competition for doing it nowadays).

Gear wise you can buy cultural from bazaar which is would be 300hp/mana (cultural + exalted symbol also from baz). Plus it's actually better AC than current tss raid molds once you add in the slot 12 aug made from the common-ish raid drop bit (not sure what other guilds have the raid drop going for, but it's going for minimum bid in my guild).
  7. Machentoo Augur

Personally I am fine with this now that Phinny has faster XP than Ragefire. Sure there are some advantages to being able to level up in a non-truebox environment, but I don't think at this point it really matters how fast you can get to 75. I doubt too many would script their way to max aa only to xfer to truebox where you can't do that. And the poster that mentioned we can use more players is absolutely correct, attrition continues to be an issue and will only accelerate.
  8. Karhar Dream Crusher

Got aoc's to replace your clickies in old raids.
  9. snailish Augur

While I think what you are asking for is reasonable, you can exceed your current character's accomplishments with a new character on Phinny in a relatively short time.

What you want is unlikely to happen in this short time.

If you really like hedging your bet, roll a different class on Phinny while you wait for what you want to let you transfer your characters over.
  10. Dilf Augur

Yeah, I'm not betting that my request would ever happen, but I did roll other classes that did seem lacking based on recruitment on the guilds' sites. It's fun playing the game from a different perspective, and I'm greatly enjoying my necro and shaman. If DBG ever decided to open up transfers to Phinigel, I'd still gladly move over what I cherished.
    snailish likes this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

You can transfer to Phini any time you want, except you toon will be stripped of all gear, coins and other inventory items and you’ll be reset to level 1 with 0 AAs.
  12. Ryak Augur

You can get into exping range of 75 in 1-2 days, tops. You can take the other 12-13 days from the 2 weeks people are quoting to do all the epic 1.0s you could possibly want.
    Dilf likes this.
  13. Astral64 Augur

If you're serious about raiding and want to start on Phinigel: contact Execute or Ahze in game. Enchanters and clerics get the extra special treatment.

It's easier than ever to catch up on Phinigel and we have loads of guilds in all time zones to choose from.
    Dilf likes this.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Sure, if you have 3-4 computers, or someone to plvl you. Otherwise it is going to take you a week or longer.
    Zanarnar likes this.
  15. Dilf Augur

I've re-leveled my Beastlord up to 61 currently, so it hasn't been all that bad, but the weapon selection on the Bazaar stinks. I think the climb from 65-75 is going to be rough, and this is where I question if it would just be easier leveling a root rot class like a shaman or necro, where the foci on intricate defiant armor would carry me through.
  16. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

This is where you decide what your intentions are. Figure out your raid availabilty, and pick a guild that syncs up the best, and join them. The sheer amount of loot on this server is astounding, and a lot is going to new members / boxes.

Keep in mind the server is gonna go ghost town again in a week, as every raider is gonna be getting TBS flagged asap, not sitting around picking their naval lint. But after about a week, it's 7 weeks of nothing but helping people get caught up.
  17. Ryak Augur

I think you are underestimating live exp rates and the incredible exp mod on TSS zones (and defiant gear). You can get 10+% per solo kill in blightfire moors.

I did assume using exp pots and reasonably optimal zone selection, obviously.

My experience was during a 76% bonus exp weekend, so i guess maybe without that you could say 2-3 days instead of 1-2.
  18. Machentoo Augur

No, I'm not. I have leveled up several toons solo in the last month on Phinigel. It took more than 1-2 days, well over.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

Oh hey I talked to you earlier. Server gets pretty quiet late-expac, should be more opportunities the first few weeks of TBS. Best way to level and gear is honestly to join a guild. The PUG game is quiet, but most guilds are pretty active during their peak times. Like a couple have posted in here, folks are willing to help out if it means another raider.

Guild raid times: https://phinnyprogress.com/raid_times.php
    Dilf and Ryak like this.
  20. Dilf Augur

Hey, yep that was me haha. I do appreciate your's and everyone's advice. I'm still having fun working up a new character, but after checking the link you provided, I get discouraged. My available times to raid (9:30p EST - 1'ish am) is smack right in the middle of most established schedules. I've finally accepted being a casual, but it's even tougher being a dead weight casual who logs in late!
    Ryak likes this.