Everytime I log out of character select on any computer I crash.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GeauxTigers, Jul 23, 2018.

1. GeauxTigers Elder

Everytime I log out of character select on any computer I crash to the login screen and can't log back in until I run the patcher. Anyone else having this issue? It has only been happening since last patch.
  2. Perplexed Augur

Yes! I was about to post my "Log out" problems on 2 acc't, 2 different computers.
    It started immediately after the Jul 18, 2018 patch.
    When I click "Quit" at character select, my screen goes black. It remains black for several seconds to minutes.
    Eventually a message pops up, "Error - A timeout occurred", I hit the message button and it brings me back to long in window.
    When I log back in, it's in 'windows' mode , I do not play in windows mode.
    It's an annoying waste of time to go through all that nonsense to log out or change servers.
    Any one have a fix for this?
  3. Shavin Journeyman

Same problem for me, if i need to switch on another server, when i click ' Quit ' at character select, my screen goes black, and finally after 30s, " Error - A timeout occured '.
    So i need to run again the patcher.
    This problem is up since the last patch, and no fix atm.
  4. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Another one here with the same issue. I'm fine until I log out of character select, which normally takes me right back to the server select window. Now, I am getting a black screen that takes about 30 seconds before getting a timeout error.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have same problem but on just one account. Other accounts on that computer are fine.
  6. magman New Member

I have to log out in widowed mode or else it freezes and I cant log in unless I camped in windowed mode, only on one pc 2 others are fine
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Is it a common thing for people to log out that way? I never have, but hopefully they fix it.

In the meantime, I recommend the use of /camp desktop or if for some reason you are changing servers, /camp server.
  8. everforums New Member

I crash every time I log out my character now. Not sure how long this has been going on. it's pretty annoying though. I have to wait for about 2 minutes for it to have this error, then I can finally close down the application. EQ, it would be nice if you get this fixed ;)
  9. Perplexed Augur

I tried /camp server and got "Error - A timeout occurred" blah-blah and in windows mode when I returned
    I tried logging out in windows mode and got "Error - A timeout occurred"
    /q works in full screen mode quickly and returns in full screen mode, but of course you have to wait for character kick. Guess it's my only option for changing servers or logging out til this is fixed.
  10. Arba New Member

Same here I have been working on this all day without success and have provided every file requested and all the information I could but have not heard back from anyone. I was fine playing with my three free accounts and as soon as I pay for All Access I am not able to; could be due to patch?

I have been able to get in after trying for hours but as soon as my character zones everything locks up and doesn't work again.