Returning after 15 years but with questions...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by atomicstorms, Jul 10, 2018.

1. atomicstorms New Member

Thought this summer I would go back in the time machine and play eq1 with fresh eyes. Goal is to live thr content I never got to play long ago in the best game I ever played. Back then I played US time on a Euro server - tholuxe to be precise. Didnt get to raid as much and quit after OOW. I started again on Phinigel as a cleric (i generally play support or healer classes) and didnt want to play druid again like I did long ago. Time for something new and I really loved my inq in eq2.

Since we dont have mercs yet, soloing will be very slow... and that is okay. Is there a different way? Guilds who are taking non raiding apps? Truebox the main to speed things up? I am all ears.

IGN: Zexualhealing

If you played on Tholuxe, you knew me as Darklumina, the happy druid furry.
  2. slayerofbats Augur

I think if you are going to spend most of your time soloing, you may as well just play on a regular Live server. That way it is free, you get mercs, you get better gear, and you get FAR more content. The only real downside is that you more or less have to go 100 levels with no grouping. But at least with better gear/mercs/etc and things like Heroic Adventures, it probably wont take much longer than levelling up on a progression server.

As for finding a guild, I think you just have to start asking around on the server. Send tells to people in various guilds, ask them about their raid times and if they play with lower level characters etc. Ask who their guild leader is if they aren't helpful. And/or you can put a post on the guild section of this forum, make a post and/or send messages to the various guild posters.

If you want to stick on a progression server, you could consider boxing a tank or a mage. Have them tank for you and then you get to focus on healing with your cleric. I would not want to level up a Cleric without a merc or box, it would be a total chore. A spell caster would be fine, I have soloed many enchanters, necros, wizzies, druids, etc. Or you can just spend a lot of time LFG, and try to make friends and send tells to various people trying to get a group together. You would have to be proactive making groups or it would take forever.
  3. oldandnasty Augur

4. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome back to The Greatest Game Ever Made!
  5. Shanarias Augur

6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Look at the launcher window. There should be a gear icon in lower left; click that, and you can select the Test vs Live option. You can also copy over your character to test. /testcopy
    Shanarias likes this.
  7. Shanarias Augur

Thank you. I got on there, but didn't know I could copy a char. :D