Epic Retelling augs - plz remove the Lore tag.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhenna_BB, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

See title! :)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They aren't lore.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Retelling Augments are lore with perhaps the exception of the Beastlord's Warder. I, too, would like to see the Lore tag removed.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I'll sign this.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I don't see a lore tag when I view the ornaments in zam or eqresources. Has that changed and those sites are not updated? Or maybe there are only certain ones that are Lore?

Either way, I don't see the point in removing the Lore tag (if it exists). 1st, why would anybody want to do the quest yet again to get a second ornament :) But more seriously, what's the point of having, say, two identical 2-hander ornaments when you can only equip a single 2-hander, and the ornaments are free to swap between weapons?
  6. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Also, if you're just after a unique screenshot of your doll, you can always equip your real 1-hander epic AND any other weapon with your epic ornament.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

To switch between for example dps staff and mana recouperation items in primary/secondart, while still looking awesome :)
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

A solid reason, thank you!

But I still haven't found any with a Lore tag. I checked my SK's epic 1.0 ornamentation and it is not Lore.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

They're likely referring to the ones like Hatred.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

I will check the mage one tonight
  11. Funk Augur

We are talking about the player made ornaments that are part of the "Epic Retelling"
    "Epic Request" is the first 2 times for 1.0 and 2.0 ornaments that are not lore and "Epic Retelling" is for a 3rd special ornament that was designed by a player. They are lore.

As a monk my Tranquility ornament fits in 1 hander's also....But I can't dual wield that look because of the lore tag. This is the reason the thread was created, for this and so Jhenna as a ranger can have more than one of the bow ornament.

Please make it happen.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You guys must really like these quests to want to do them again for two identical bow ornaments :D

But I do understand now and won't stand in your way! I have 0 concern for whether an ornament is lore or not, and I don't see why the devs would care either. DBG, give the people what they want!
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Just checked, apparently the mage is not lore.
  14. Warpeace Augur

The Paladin version Dawn is LORE, its also flagged Artifact.

I don't see any harm in removing the Lore and artifact flags from it so players can have more than one.

Unless there is some super special reason it was flagged Artifact that would destroy the game by having more than one at a time. And if that's the case I would appreciate a reason other than Dev X said No.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Confluence?

Even if it’s not lore, it’s moot because it’s so gd tiny and awful looking.

WTB the Wizard 3.0 usable by Mages :(.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They aren't player made.
  17. Puzzling Journeyman

Once you have completed the quest, simply saying the key word will allow you the option of picking any reward you already earned again, over and over. So despite the fact that does not effect BL's I do get why people want it removed.
  18. Funk Augur

They most certainly are, it tells you the players name that designed the ornament when you inspect it. The monk version, Tranquility was designed by Lebounde ab Dolmen in the player studio.

You must have thought I just meant crafted in game?
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, they aren't, and no, I didn't. "Lebounde ab Dolmen" is an anagram for a graphic artist that worked on EQ. The name showing on the item is just a clever use of that feature in EQ. It serves as a clue / lead-in to the Artisan's Wares quest which is a prerequisite for the Artisan's Prize quest.

You ask Lady Carolline who Lebounde ab Dolmen is and she will tell you. The first time someone asks her this, A Bewildered Artisan, (Lebounde ab Dolmen) spawns in Everfrost and starts roaming around.

He won't talk to you unless you have one of the special ornaments with his name on them. If you do he gives you the Artisan's Wares quest.

The first time someone on the server hands him all 16 items, the Bewildered Artisan despawns in Everfrost and Lebounde ab Dolmen spawns in Halas, offering the same quest as well as the Artisan's Prize Quest.

TL;DR

It's the name of an EQ dev, and it's on the item as both an homage to him and as a clue for a one-time event.
  20. Nniki Augur