Was Harmony changed?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Khieran, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Khieran Journeyman

I hadn't played much in about 15 years, but I came back recently on Coirnav. My druid got the Harmony spell and I went to use it for the first time.

I seem to remember it working differently back when I played. Back then, I cast it individually on all the mobs that I didn't want to come when I pulled the un-Harmonied ones. This time when I cast it, a glowy-particle-effect surrounded all the mobs in the area, but when I went to pull one, they all came anyway.

Has something changed over the years about how this spell works?
  2. Visitor Augur

When a druid uses harmony or other class pacifies a mob, a buff appears on that mob. I do not play on the TLP servers so do not know if players see the buffs on NPC.
  3. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I believe if you check, you will find the spell you cast was green, meaning it is area of effect, not single target.

That said, there are a couple of "rules" about pulling harmonied mobs that no longer appear to be well known, so I'll recap:

1. Never pull a mob "across" (in front of, along visual path of) another harmonied mob (you'll get both).

2. Where possible, pull from *straight on* approach, OR on a side away from the other mobs, OR from a position of greater height to increase chance of getting a clean single.

3. To insure you get a clean pull, pull with a small dot or swarm line and get the snare on after arrival (or not, this is something of a religious argument amongst snaring classes - personally, I think it's entirely situational and beyond that, as you prefer and can live through).

Hope to have been some help but, if not, may my good intentions save me. :)
    moogs likes this.
  4. Khieran Journeyman

Thanks!

I remembered about not pulling across other mobs, but now I'm wondering if the one I pulled was maybe a step or two behind the others and that's what caused it... I'll have to experiment
  5. moogs Augur

Besides what Ekadzati said already, it's important to note that the level 5 spell is a targeted AoE (40 unit radius) and the level 29 spell is single target only.

Harmony

Class: RNG(22) DRU(5)
    Mana: 25
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 200.0, AE Range: 40.0
    Resist: Unresistable
    Casting: 3.00s, Recast: 12s
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks)
    Dispellable: No
    Restriction: Out of Combat
    Restriction: Outdoors Only

Calms the savage spirit of almost any creature in an area around your target, making them less likely to attack. This spell works on creatures up to level 40, and only works outdoors.

Slot 1: Decrease Aggro Radius to 15 up to level 40
    Slot 2: Decrease Social Radius to 15 up to level 40

https://eq.magelo.com/spell/250

Harmony of Nature

Class: RNG(39) DRU(29)
    Mana: 100
    Target: Single
    Range: 200.0
    Resist: Magic -10
    Casting: 2.50s, Recast: 3s
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks)
    Dispellable: No
    Restriction: Out of Combat
    Restriction: Outdoors Only

Calms the savage spirit of almost any creature, making them less likely to attack. This spell works on creatures up to level 65, and only works outdoors.

Slot 1: Decrease Aggro Radius to 15 up to level 65
    Slot 2: Decrease Social Radius to 15 up to level 65

https://eq.magelo.com/spell/3601
  6. Khieran Journeyman

Ah, maybe I'm remembering the level 29 spell then... it's been so long, that's a possibility :)
  7. Mortisand New Member

From memory, Harmony was changed in that it used to affect both agro (how close YOU could get to the mob) and assist (how close other aggro'd mobs could get to the mob) radius, but people used it to bypass mobs, by chain-lulling a set of mobs, so everybody could sneak past.

After that, it was changed to affect mainly/only the assist radius.