AAXP Disparity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Huenry, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Huenry New Member

I was leveling with my monk and shaman, and I noticed something really weird. First, some facts:

The monk is 105 with about 16k AA's.
    The shaman is 103 with about 18k AA's.

If I pull a single mob back to camp with my monk, the monk will get something like 20% of an AA and the shaman gets something like 15% of an AA. I assumed this was normal because the shaman had 2k more AA's and so he'd get less per kill (despite the level difference).

However, if I pull the same single mob back to camp with my shaman, the monk will get something like 15% of an AA and the shaman will get something like 16% of an AA.

Why is this happening? What is the logic behind this? My shaman is so far behind mainly because he requires a lot more AA than the monk, and if I would have been paying attention I would have been pulling with the shaman the whole time.
  2. Millianna Augur

Are you sure it this doesn’t have something to do with the mobs level? Not all mobs give the same amount of experience.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

I have heard other people post similar things but I have never experienced this personally. I have 5-6 boxed several combinations of toons and they all stay within 1% xp of each other and within a couple of AA's. The discrepancies I can chalk up to one toon suffering a death or an xp pot/LOD running out seconds before another toon so some get credit for a kill with the boosted xp while others don't. At the end of the day if there was a huge percentage difference even 1% it would become obvious over time and I have not seen it on my end. Not saying it isn't possible but I have yet to see it.
  4. Huenry New Member

100% sure this has nothing to do with level. Even if they were different levels, the person getting the most per kill have swapped places. The puller always gets more -- and this is per kill, not over the long run or anything. That completely negates any class bonuses, AA getting more expensive, level differences, or any of that. I've eliminated all of those variables by the way I set up the test. The only variable left is who pulls the mob that the group eventually kills.
  5. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

I just discovered the same thing. The person who pulls gets more. When my characters are 90% AA XP, its a big difference. The player who pulled the mob will get 33% and the other player will get 16%.

Has it always been this way? Seems a little sucky for clerics....
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

7. Huenry New Member

Right? Especially since they have a lot more AA to get than some DPS classes that traditionally pull. My lesson from this is always have the person with the most AA's pull, regardless of ability.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just tested this... this is flat out wrong. It's never been this way, it's not this way now.

My warrior pulled a scorpikis in OT, was 87% in on the AA bar. My Zerker was 89%. Mob dies... Warrior is 70%, Zerker is 72%. Rogue was 25%, 8% after the kill. Cleric 61%, 45% after the kill.
  9. fortuneteller Augur

You wrong, there is a big difference, however the difference seems to be less in RoS, where in EoK it is big.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

LOL... give me a break. This is a ridiculous conspiracy theory. If there was a "pulling bonus", it would be the same in every expansion.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  11. Onamatter New Member

Having the same issue, 5 toons which ever 1 i pull with gets the xp bonus, other just regular xp, im doing AA only so not sure if the same for regualr xp. Puller get 41% of an AA rest get 23% that works out to about 75% more of an AA for the puller
  12. GoneFission Augur

This appears to be the case for me, too. I have a 3 box with 2 sets each. One set is still109, with all XP going to level, and they progress very close together. My other threesome has a half-elf bard, a DE mage, and a HIE chanter. Because the chanter can lull, tash, and slow, that toon does all the pulling. At 110 with 90% XP going to AAs, the chanter will go to 100 AAs before the other 2 get to 50. There's no disparity in level or AA count that can explain the disparity other than the puller gets a bonus to AA XP.

Edit: I am still in EoK zones, have not spent much time in RoS yet.
  13. Sancus Augur

This does seem to be a thing in FM.

I took two level 110 Dark Elf Mages (29539/22452 assigned respectively) in a group together and killed some Drogans. I'll put the data below, but I consistently found that the character on aggro first received ~77-78% more AA XP. With that said, here's the data (these were all LB con Drogans):

Mage 1 pulled/killed, Mage 2 off aggro completely: Mage 1: +2.77 AAs, Mage 2: +1.55 AAs

Mage 1 pulled/killed, Mage 2 on aggro (only casting Malo, so no damage): Mage 1: +2.96 AAs, Mage 2: +1.67 AAs

Mage 1 pulled (only casting Malo, so no damage), Mage 2 killed: Mage 1: +2.77 AAs, Mage 2: +1.56 AAs

Mage 1 killed, Mage 2 pulled (only casting Malo, so no damage): Mage 1: +1.67 AAs, Mage 2: +2.97 AAs

So there was no difference between being on or off aggro, and no difference between who actually killed the mob. But there was a clear difference in the XP the puller received.

I only ran one test in Overthere, but there was no significant gap (there was one of like .04 AAs, but that seems relatively insignificant on a kill that awards 4 AAs).

I'm curious what other zones this applies to. Anecdotally I have not noticed this in RoS, but I have definitely noticed it in FM. It does seem a little odd that the gap (77-78%) is very close to the current XP bonus (76%). I'll run these tests again some time after it ends to see if that changes it significantly.

Regardless this seems odd. I assume it's unintentional given it'd be a pretty bad mechanic.

Edit: All of these tests were done on the test server btw.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I was going to reply about it not being a thing in Lcenium or Scorched Woods. Never bothered going any further. Odd it would be just one zone, so I'll retract my conspiracy theory comment. No one ever posted what zone they were in, just a "puller gets more xp!" thing.
    Tierwyn likes this.
  15. GoneFission Augur

I have seen it in FM and Chardok for sure. I don't remember it in Lcenium, and I have not spent enough time in Scorched Woods to notice.
  16. segap Augur

Has anyone noticed this when there was not bonus exp running? I saw something similar back around the Christmas holiday exp bonus. Everything normalized after the bonus was over.
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

That is a wierd bug.
  18. GoneFission Augur

There's a thread named "Class Exp Penalties?" that I posted a note about this back in March. I had thought it was class or race based, and didn't associate the difference with a zone. I certainly didn't catch that my puller was getting the XP until this thread. What masked it for me was another group I was still leveling, and that XP was normally distributed. It appears to me that it's only for AAs. Or maybe AAs just amplifies the effect, since they count up faster than regular XP.

This isn't related to the bonus XP. I wonder if you need to be boxing to get the bug, or maybe running from a single EQ installation. Both of which I do.
  19. Cleaver Augur

It happens in droga to and i reported it 6 months ago even sent PMs to devs about it and not one of them responded back to me.

I was only able to test it at 110. But i put 2 mages in the same group with SK and i would pull on the SK. One mage would get more AA xp per kill then the other even though both had the same amount of AAs, same race same level. I also noticed the SK was getting more AA xp then the zerker. I never figured out why.
  20. Sancus Augur

IblisTheMage likes this.