Looking to come back.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vanish_Point, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Vanish_Point New Member

Been over ten years since I played. Was thinking about making a toon on Phinigel if it is true that xp rate is same as live, otherwise might as well return to Maelin Starpyre or whatever it merged to. Downloading game now, so what's the verdict, and thanks for replies.
  2. uk6999 Augur

If you have friends already on Phinny then that is a good choice. If you dont know anyone I wouldnt recommend it. I've logged in numerous times to check player base and at most I have seen 10 people LFG at the same time and this is during the xp bonus window. Basically you need a guild to carry you to raid level to survive there.

Corniav has really slow xp and are currently in Kunark. Doesnt have much to offer other than instanced raiding. However groups are easier and being in Kunark you dont really need a guild although it will make things easier. Should be warned if DBG ever releases another TLP that isnt time locked or an event server it will probably ghost this one.

Agnar is timelocked in PoP/ldon era.

I wouldnt recommend either Ragefire or Lockjaw for the sole personal reason I think Phinny is the best choice of the three.

Live is Live but at least you have access to mercs that can carry you up a bit plus access to better items. Phinny will have mercs in less than a year. If you went live server I recommend FV or one of the other populated servers there. Might post in new players forums if you want to know the best live servers.
    Vanish_Point likes this.
  3. Mesozoic_Coirnav New Member

I'd do Phinigel unless you are in a bit hurry to jump into the newest content.
    Vanish_Point likes this.
  4. uk6999 Augur

Yea Phinigel is an awesome server but it is extremely top heavy and you will need someone to carry you or it will be a slow process to 75 solo. Would be the same deal for live servers except you would have 110 levels and whatever nutso amount of AA there.

Auto grant AAs will help you ease a lot of the pain.
    Vanish_Point likes this.
  5. Vanish_Point New Member

Thanks for replies, so is Phinigel xp rate the same as live. That will be my determining factor really. Read that solo xp and such were slower but some recent post claim xp rate is now the same as live.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Phinny exp is the same as live now.
  7. Snomie Elder

Definitely look for a raid guild and join as a non-raider at level 1. As others mentioned, leveling can be tricky if solo, but it's also insanely easy if you have and ask for guild help.

Most guilds have a few people who are happy to help PL a new recruit up to at least 50s where they can group with 75s and leech xp for quicker leveling. For example, right now with live xp + xp bonus we have people in my guild PLing new alts from 1 to 50 in under an hour. Leveling is ridiculously easy with help.

Check out phinnyprogress.com to have an idea of raid guilds timetables, pick the one that matches your schedule, then start asking for help leveling. Especially right now we have a ton of people in every guild doing PLing on alts due to the xp bonus.
  8. Vanish_Point New Member

Nice, just logged in. Made a gnome mage named Zephiroth and am currently do the tutorial. I am in EST zone so any suggestions for guild.
  9. Snomie Elder

Almost all of the raid guilds on phinny are EST prime time raiders, so will depend on which days you prefer raiding. The exception to this is Broken Wave, which raid pacific prime time for west coast/late night raiders.

Can look at this chart here and see their raid days/hours: https://phinnyprogress.com/raid_times.php
  10. Bankheadd New Member

It's called Drinal now, FYI.
  11. Vanish_Point New Member

Made level 20 off of tutorial gear today. Very happy about that, feel like that gear could take me to 50 maybe. Got most of my needed spells and I am happy to be back. Wife time now, see you all tomorrow.
    Kattria Minx likes this.