Devs -- MPG zone cap issues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yukan, May 31, 2018.

1. yukan Augur

I'm sure Phinny ran into this problem as well, but we're having really annoying issues every time we do MPG raids with zone capacity issues on Ragefire.

Once the MPG zone hits the zone cap (I'm not sure on the exact number, it's maybe ~70?), no one new can zone into that pick, and even if it's the base pick. Our raid is bringing more than whatever the zone capacity is, which causes late comers to be unable to join us in MPG. They zone in, get kicked to a separate pick, and we can't COTH them promptly to the raid since they have a 5 minute zone lockout issues, or because we're busy clearing to the next trial and the zone is capped.

There were similar issues on Ragefire when Velious first opened and the zone caps were later removed. Would it be possible to look into having the zone caps of MPG removed? Ragefire will be in the OOW/DON era for another 5-6 months so this issue will be ongoing for a while if not.

Thanks much.
    keif and discordkitty like this.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Yes, we did.

If you have NO ONE zone out of each trial on their own, but wait until the trial is dzkicked(or task kicked, I forget which it is) and everyone is dumped out of the instance, then everyone will all zone into the same pick together even if it is over capacity. The issue is a pain, but this is a valid workaround until they correct it.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

As a rule, the base pick of every pickzone should probably always have a huge upper cap (200+). I guess this is probably something that has to be set individually per zone though which is why it isn't by default.
  4. yukan Augur

We are coordinating the kicking of the DZs at the same time. Both raids DZ kick together and get kicked to the same pick together. The problem is we try to have people who arrive late guess which DZ they will be kicked to but it changes every time. Sometimes we get kicked together to the main pick. Sometimes we get kicked to a pickzone. But if we guess wrong, the late person can't pick in until after everyone zones to the next DZ. It's just an awful lot of extra, unnecessary steps that could be avoided if the zone cap issue was fixed.

Another fun bug is when we have latecomers guess which pick but guess wrong. And then everyone who they are grouped with also gets kicked to the wrong pick because pick zones now auto zone you to the specific pick of people you're grouped with. Now you have 5 random people also in the wrong pick and it becomes a mess. Last night this happened to our only mage in 1 of the raids.
  5. lefous Elder

just take uge boxer and clear lola
  6. tuttles Augur

yep it was a pain, i think the workaround we had for this was

1. finish trial do loot
    2. have 1 person zone out, /pick out of main (if main had more than like 40 chars in it)
    3. /kickp exp everyone

should avoid the shuffle of just dz-dropping everyone and then letting the overflow system randomly place people as they zoneout
  7. yukan Augur

It seems like every zone has a base pick cap. I remember when Ragefire first got picks in Velious we ran into the same issue in Kael and ToV really often. Eventually those zones were fixed and the issue went away. We really don't need this fixed for every zone, but MPG is 1 that it seems to be a frequent issue for though.
  8. trollivesmatter Journeyman

You can see what pick your group mates are in using the guild tool. Alt G. The Zone column, maybe you need to widen it, shows the pick # after the zone name.
    Or they could ask... nobody should be guessing
  9. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

When you type /pick it tells you how many group mates are in each pickzone as well...
  10. trollivesmatter Journeyman

Yup. But even if you have a combat timer, or arent yet in your intended group or destination zone, guild tool still shows. No excuses! =)
  11. Yanster Augur

the "zone bombing" is a solution . no one exit the trial , close DZ and wait the minute for everyone to be kicked .
    Or , Zone mages 1st to make sure they land in main pick . Clearing to next trial is roughly less then 5 minutes . Get the new Trial DZ , have who is at click in to zone in , this will reduce the amount of player in main pick , wait a minute for zone to recognise this , have who landed on pick to use /pick , then COH . We used this method with little downtime added .
    Can be used as a bio break etc :)