Tried to play again on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bandzamakeherdance, May 19, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

It is hard to say. Coirnav has the Phinigel Kunark bump up, but Coirnav also has the nerfed zems, so those counteract each other. To what extent exactly I don't know, but Coirnav felt slower to me than Phinigel at launch.
  2. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Where did I say anything bout phinny? Trying to build your case using strawmen doesn't help you any. The xp is horrible. There's no debating it.
  3. Malicre Journeyman

Log on coirnav go to unrest or guk and target random people 8/10 times they will have xp pots running which means daybreak knows what brings in the most profit and i'm sure they have the numbers to show for it (Phinny vs Agnarr) how many people bought experience potions. This is also the reason why i believe we will never see another agnarr exp rate server.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

The first 4 o 5 levels are teh suck, they were even worse on Phinny at launch.

You rolled a Dwarf, it's an upopular starting zone with few grouping opportunities even early in the server's life. Suggest taking the 5 mins to run to Gfay and get bound at the Soulbinder in Kelethin.

Lot's of high level Druids sitting around the bank or Druid guilds, send polite tells, ask in /ooc etc and someone will probably throw a skin/sow/thorns/chloro on you.

Run toward orc hill and kill yellows and low reds until buffs run out or you find an orc hill grp which happens occasionally, head into Crushbone and look there too as many lvl 5ish grps form there.

Group in Crushbone if you can, at 10ish can head to unrest unless you have a good grp in CB in which case stay.

You say you have high level toons on other TLP's, is it safe to assume you have some krono acquired there also? in which case head to CL and do that same thing, high level buffers often sit around at the tunnel ent buffing newbs, can do the same thing there while looking for starter gear for your war.

There are a few invite anything with a pulse guilds getting around on the server, two of the bigger ones that come to mind are Nostalgic Veterans and The Renewed Order, ask around for an invite to those and your grouping opportunities will probably improve.

You might not hit 50 before Kunark but you will have 6 months of lvl 60 cap to catch up if you choose to continue.
  5. Valanie Lorekeeper

A well written post TLP Addict but I think you are taking his complaints too literally. The original post is ridiculous. He doesn't like slow xp during classic despite acknowledging that there is not much to do in classic, so he makes a new character on Coirnav. He puts no effort into grouping in gfay, which is one zone away, so he takes forever to hit level 3. Then he comes here to complain about Coirnav and tell us he hates slow xp. I would think he could have saved himself an hour and read the countless other posts correctly saying the xp is slow.
    I know this topic has already been covered. The xp rate is for some but not for others. You don't need to try a pathetic leveling plan in a bad zone to convince us of that.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  6. Kahna Augur

You stated you played on multiple TLPs and they were all faster, implying all TLPs were faster. I was pointing out that Phinny was slower. You were, apparently, only referring to RF/LJ and Agnarr. DBG stated up front that this server would be slower than those servers. So I am not really sure what you hoped to accomplish here by pointing out what DBG's has already told us. That Coirnav is slower than RF/LJ and Agnarr.

The xp is not horrible. I managed to get a char to max and an alt in the 40's all while working a full time job and doing class work and having other, time consuming hobbies. You just need to stop being bad.
  7. Celatus Augur

I have been on the server for a month and im working on my 3rd lvl 50 the exp is not bad...
  8. monkypowah Elder

I unfortunately agree. Of all the TLP servers, Coirnav is the worst one by far. I have no idea what they will do for a new TLP but you're right it can't get worse lol
  9. TLP Addict Augur

Seems to be an awful lot of Coirnav salt, I'm guessing there was an equal amount in the early days of Phinigel.

How exactly is Coirnav supposed to be a worse TLP than Phinny which it is essentially a copy/paste of, apart from some minor xp differences?
  10. Malicre Journeyman

Because like you said, its essentially a copy/paste of phinny.
  11. Critt Augur

At this point in the history of Phinny there were something like 15 to 20 guilds raiding classic and killing everything....Coirnav has maybe 5 that are killing all content. The sustainability of this server is not something I would put money on...Slow xp on a server without a HUGE population and fast unlocks just isn't working in this day an age where leveling in mmo's is almost incidental to playing. I fairly sure DBG is aware of this and they don't really care one can only conclude that the viability of servers is not a priority.
  12. Critt Augur

The difference between Coirnav an phinny are the population size, the fact that truebox was in place and everyone was escaping the mage armies and content being locked down by one guild on LJ/RF with instanced raids, so Phinny was the next best thing since sliced bread people were willing to put up with slower xp.....fast forward to Coirnav and people just came from Agnarr with fast xp and instanced raiding and true box...but stuck at POP. Immediate dips in the amount of people leveling in all ranges means slower to put together groups and even less chance to grind those long hours. I again maintain my theory that server viability isn't something DBG really cares about though, look at how they still haven't fixed account to account transfers, or consolidated the servers they have now so that they could have a couple servers with healthy populations....No, the long term future of EQ is something I doubt altogether or DBG would be doing something to fix server populations not thinning them even more with new TLP's
  13. Risiko Augur

You chose to play one of the most group-dependent classes in the game on the server with the lowest per-kill experience rate less than a month before the first expansion opens.

Ok...

1. Warriors are 100% gear dependent. Did you buy any gear to make your warrior kill any faster than a lunatic with a butter knife? My guess is no.
    2. Did it occur to you that you are starting a new character on a server that is less than one month away from the first expansion which means that 90% or more of the population on the server is no where near level 1 anymore for you to group with? I'm going to go with no again.
    3. It's been stated numerous times on these forums that Coirnav has the lowest per-kill experience rate of any Everquest server. Did you honestly think that had changed? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess yes.
    You missed the boat. It sailed. If you want to catch up, either grab a notebook computer, so you can box a healer with your warrior, and get the grind on, OR choose another class and do the work that we all did. The majority of the server is not level 50 because they sat in a corner with their arms crossed upset over the server rules. We are 50 because we put our nose to the grind and got it done.
  14. Nuther Augur

There will be many groups starting up again from level 1 once Kunark opens. Until then, catch-as-catch-can.

As was said, you have to move around and hunt whites and yellows. Once you get to level 4 you can do Orc Hill and CB up to 12. Then you are on your way.
  15. Dreven Lorekeeper

The first couple of levels, especially with a rusty blade, have always been a challenge.
    But once your can group, and that is from lvl 3 onward (gray orc hill, cl, orc, etc) you are in-flight.

Not willing to go from BB to Gfay because people tend to concentrate and soon hit Crushbone...hmm time to play some other game mate.
  16. Kahna Augur

Sure, if by 15-20 guilds on Phinny had clear classic by now you mean 9 guilds cleared and 11 working on it.

And if by 5 guilds on Corinav you mean 8 cleared and 9 working on it.

You do realize that this information is all researchable, it took me all of 5 minutes to find the actual stats. The red numbers on Phinny’s kill list means they didn’t kill the mob until after Kunark had released.
    Fumi-chan likes this.
  17. GeauxTigers Elder

Phinny was basically 60 hours for the absolute most hardcore, Coirnav was 47. That's less than 1 hour a day to reach max before it changes. Anyone can accomplish that, being realistic if you factor in time to find a group and rate of XP probably like 1 hour a day to 50 before 55/60 etc.

I don't really see a problem with the rate vs classic eq, but i'm still not sure why everything has to be classic EQ. Things were changed for a reason (and the better most times) in a lot of cases and is now being reverted with a blind eye.
    Risiko likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

I'm curious where you are getting your information.

www.CoirnavProgress.com shows the following:
    • Completed Classic = 7
    • Still working on completing Classic = 2
    I'm more than sure there are more than 2 guilds actively attempting to complete Classic right now on Colirnav than 2, but that's all that have reported their progress to CoirnavProgress.com.
    Who is the eighth guild that has completed classic on Coirnav?
  19. Risiko Augur

I agree completely. It's truly odd that for so long individuals from DBG kept on saying things like "this is TLP; not classic" as their excuse for not making everything exactly like classic Everquest, and all of a sudden they have started making changes saying "this can't be there because it wasn't there in Classic".

Things like slow experience, taking the pottery recipes out of the game, taking the alchemy potions out of the game, removing the clarity/haste potions from the marketplace are all examples where things were changed because "this can't be there because it wasn't there in Classic".

When did DBG's vision for the TLP servers change from "it's not classic; it's TLP" to "this can't be there because it wasn't there in Classic"?

It's DBG's game, and they can do what ever they want, but I would give anything if they would PICK A VISION AND STICK WITH IT instead of just making up reasons to justify the whims for the day.

It's a clear indication that there are no written visions for the various TLP servers. Instead, the rules are made up on the fly. What they need is to hire a professional in the industry to come in and set standards for design and development. For well over a decade, Everquest has been ran like a bedroom operation, and it's just sad. It could be so much more than it is today.
  20. Critt Augur

Do you realize that your rebuttal doesn't really refute anything other than the exact numbers, the disparity in the servers is still evident even with the exact numbers you wasted your time researching.... Thanks for playing though