Tried to play again on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bandzamakeherdance, May 19, 2018.

1. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Started another char on coirnav to see if maybe my view was skewed when the server opened due to RL limitations to play.

Nope! Started a dwarf warrior. Spending an hour in the starting zone non stop killing for an hour straight and not even level 3 yet. Pretty horrible experience overall. Getting through the early levels to be able to start grouping with folks would be nice but the zone was empty and running to another zone just to be able to play is meh.

This is with no xp potion btw. I don't even want to imagine what it's like later on.
    Rhodz, Malicre and discordkitty like this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Coirnav is hard and therefore not for everyone. Lucky for you there are the live servers where you can solo your way to max level no sweat, and of course almost every other MMO on the market where you can do the same.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  3. Malicre Journeyman

Coirnav is hard? Lol sure bud.
  4. frankie78227 Augur

LOLOL, ROFLOL. Coirnav is hard... LoL.
  5. discordkitty Augur

Coirnav isn't hard, but it is time consuming. I played back in 1999 with the XP rates in that era. I ground out 59 forever in howling stones. It sucked, but I was also at a point in my life where I could waste that time on video games. While I understand that the Coirnav XP rate is still faster than live back in the day, I also find it way too slow for these days. It's not worth it and will never be worth it.
    Risiko, oldandnasty and Malicre like this.
  6. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Who said it was hard? It's just way more time consuming for no logical reason.
  7. oldandnasty Augur

Zansobar did.
  8. Febb Augur

No logical reason? Classic expansions have always been time consuming. Those expansions were designed that way.
  9. Zansobar Augur

Sarcasm is hard to get these days, it seems...
  10. Kahna Augur

Later on it is easier. You started an unpopular race on a server 2 months into an expansion most people are tired of and wonder why there is no one else to group with in the newbie zone but aren't willing to try the main newbie gathering point in the area to find others. You pretty much put minimal effort in and you are wondering why the exp isn't falling into your lap. You're right, Coirnav isn't the place for you. We want people who are willing to actually do something.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Sultan like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

The next tlp cannot be worse than coirnav. Uninspired cash grab from the start.
    Malicre likes this.
  12. Garrison Journeyman

If you don't already have a group of friends or a guild, then yeah, Coirnav is not a great server to try and get a new toon going.
  13. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I've played on multiple TLP servers. None of them were this bad. I wasn't wondering anything. I got on to see how the xp was and if I could stomach it. It's absolute garbage. Who in their right mind wants to spend hours upon hours just getting to level 10. I'm not even talking about hitting 50. I'm just talking the first 10 levels. It's stupid.
    Brontus likes this.
  14. Lyrical Augur

Coirnav is just another Krono farm progression server. The xp is purposefully slow so that those who do not play 10 hours a day feel forced to purchase kronos to trade for in game gear that speeds their characters ability to level up quicker.

Its the exact same ramped up boss mob fights that have been done enough times by the same people on other prog servers that its now completely mundane and easy to the point of meh.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Kill white and yellow cons until they kill you. GFay has a better selection than BBM.
  16. Machentoo Augur

If you are ready to quit after only an hour of frustration, this probably isn't the game for which you are looking.
  17. discordkitty Augur

You say that like it's someone who has never played EQ.
  18. Febb Augur

These new progression servers with slow experience rates and 3 month expansion unlocks are targeting people who have plenty of free time every night. If you want to play very casually then you will struggle to keep up.

As many people have pointed out, pick a server with a high experience rate and work on your character. Don't worry about keeping up with the expansions. There really isn't a reason why you should get bent out of shape knowing full well what the rule set of the server is before hand.
  19. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Obviously didn't read anything else in the thread.
    I enjoy classic and kunark content as little as there might be. I have high level and geared characters on lockjaw, ragefire, and agnarr.

I'm not trying to keep up knowing that after 2 months i'm already way behind. I just wanted an enjoyable EQ experience again. Was thinking of coming back for kunark specifically because I enjoy iksars. With this xp that isn't going to happen. This slow of xp is pretty dumb.
  20. Kahna Augur

Really? Because Phinny exp was actually worse than when Coirnav when it was in classic. Hence the bump in Kunark. You know. The one Coirnav started with already. It doesn’t take hours upon hours to get to level ten unless you are bad. Which it sounds like you are. So yeah. Maybe it isn’t the server for you.