Brewall Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Capsmak, May 15, 2018.

1. Capsmak New Member

I had to re-install Everquest and I tried to get brewall maps going again but they refuse to become a drop down map option in game. Has anyone else encountered this issue? It worked one day and not the next.

(Sorry just noticed I could have put this in the Player Support section but I don't see an option to remove my post)
  2. Coagagin Guild house cat

Any after market mapping files need to be in a separate directory under the \maps directory in EQ then your drop down should work as intended. I had to go back and correct a spelling mistake which felt rather humorous when I saw it in game but came up with the same spelling error.

Anyhow, don't overthink it. Its pretty simple to make right.
  3. moogs Augur

Did you unzip them incorrectly? EverQuest\maps\brewall. Make sure that you don't have a double folder.
  4. Brewall Rainsinger Apprentice

Any of the folder names directly under your EverQuest's map folder will appear in the drop down list. So, if your map folder is located at:
    C:\users\public\games\daybreak\everquest\maps

And you create a few folders under maps:
    Brewall
    Goodurden
    Mapfiend

These 3 folders will list themselves in the drop down. The best time to do it is when EverQuest is not running. I've tried creating folders while the game is running and they don't appear dynamically.

Inside the folders, you will want to put all the zone *.TXT files. You cannot place zip files in the map folders (or no maps will appear).

I will be publishing a new set of maps later today. Might want to wait to do it until then ;)
    Mr. Froo likes this.
  5. Atratus New Member

Thanks Brewall for all the work you do. It truly helps me enjoy the game!
  6. Diison New Member

So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get brewalls to work at all. I have done everything that has been posted...the only thing I can think of is that my game directory is not on my c:\ would that cause it to stop working?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think this is the one I use to help me install maps:

I am more of a picture learner than a print learner