New GINA crashing issue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xyroff-cazic., Apr 30, 2018.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

GINA was never a business for Gima, it's always been a hobby like some of the other programs written and maintained by other folks, GINA doesn't HAVE to be patched...
  2. Angahran Augur

This will be fixed in the May patch.

3. kizant Augur

That's fair but they should at least make the source code available.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

So this indicates GINA literally needs to do nothing. EQ Mistake and they have expressed time and time again they do not care about 3rd party programs.....sooooo

Opinions you know the saying.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I think it's something I'm never going to do.

It depends in part what exactly you mean.

1) Uploading your existing log file isn't difficult, and in fact the test version I'm working on already includes that functionality. It's disabled by default but it works. It's both a proof-of-concept for a similar idea and an easy way for people to send me log files since email is not good). Sending only *part* of a log (like a single fight) is a whole other thing entirely and GamParse isn't built for that. It's not impossible of course, but that leads into:

2) The server would have to parse every log once to sync them, then parse them again for the actual damage calculations. How complicated it would be is proportional to how much information is supposed to be returned. Just a damage list? Spell cast lists? Tanking lists?

3) Even something as "simple" as uploading each person's individual damage and collating them into a single list isn't quite as easy as it appears. The reason for this is because while I realize that raw dps is what gives most of you boners, I know that its completely worthless as a method of comparison. What matters is total damage, and sdps, which is total damage / total time.

This is fine when you're parsing yourself, but when you start attempting to combine parses you end up with different total damage and different total time depending on how close someone is to the action. Basically, it's worthless to just create a list. It HAS to be parsed to be accurate, which means writing a program/script to do it. And I don't want to. Which leads me to:

4) GamParse is very accurate if you are in range of the fight. There is really no need for a complicated system to combine parses. There are very, very few instances where a personal parse will show more than a parse by someone close to the NPC.
    Axxius likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'll probably regret this, but if he doesn't want to continue to maintain it, I'll offer to do it.
    Fanra, Axxius, adetia and 1 other person like this.
  7. Brohg Augur

in-line active/cooldown timers pls
  8. kizant Augur

It's just common decency when you abandon a project when there's still active users. Not really hard to understand.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

It hasn't been abandoned. It's still being maintained, unfortunately he wasn't able to complete the fix last night but i know for a fact that he is working on it tonight.
  10. kizant Augur

That's cool then. I misunderstood what you were saying in the previous post.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

12. Midasa Elder

Kinda late now but I just did this in bash
    tail -f eqlog_myname_myserver.txt | sed -u "s/^\[\(...\) \(...\) \(.\)/\[\1 \2 0\3/" > newlog.txt &
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

tail -f eqlog_Bigstomp_bristle.txt |perl -ne's/^(\[\w{3}\s\w{3})\s(\s)/$1 0/; print;' >eqlog_Bigstomp_fixed.txt
  14. Bigstomp Augur

You don't need 3 captures, only 1.

And yes, I realize looking at it now I have 2 captures in mine. The 2nd is entirely useless.
  15. Schadenfreude Augur

Can someone who is able to contact him pass on that any fix he makes this coming weekend could be broken again when the format is changed back in the May patch.

16. Mortium Elder

I have it on good authority that the fix works with both types of log files, so even after the patch in May it will be fine.
    Fanra and Reht like this.
  17. Zentara Augur

18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Everything works for me.
    Fanra likes this.
  19. Greymantle Augur

Odd not had a moments problem with mine. No crash's, it works fine.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It kept working, until you restart it. As soon as you do that, it will crash on start.