Guild leader question.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by WorriedinNorrath, Apr 28, 2018.

1. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Hello all. I have a question I hope makes sense. I created a guild for my alts and made one of them the guild leader. I moved him to another guild without promoting another alt into the leader position and now I'm stuck with no leader. There seems to be no way to make another character leader now. I'm stuck. I'm incredibly confused on how to make a new toon the guild leader. Any help? It seems I'm missing something.
  2. moogs Augur

You can create a /petition and ask for a fix. It may take several days for a response.
  3. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I was worried about that. Thank you.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could you try and bring him back from the other guild for a few minutes to be leader of yours again and then promote a couple others to leader and then return him to new guild?

Would be worth a try since the cs is pretty hands off on guild leader issues based on past posts.
  5. moogs Augur

In your petition, you should mention that the missing leader is on your account. They can verify this and move forward with the request.
  6. Azbaelus Lorekeeper

Had a similar situation when I was co-leader of a guild and the other leader retired. They could move the title but the characters had to be logged on, if I recall.
  7. Jubura New Member

Based on my recent experience the will refuse to fix guild leader issues.

I have the same problem. My old guild is sort of deserted but for my alt that is a plain member. They will not make him guildleader so basicly the guild is lost. Including bank etc etc. Cant invite new members....
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is especially sad for those guilds that once had a good name on the server...
    There's a whole bunch of "ghost guilds" that have lots of inactive members and one player or a small group of returnees that have no way to revive the guild at all, even if one wanted to (and population would allow for), simply because the leader/officers are retired/have quit.

I'd wish for *some* means, even if that'd involve petitioning and a GM using his "common sense" to salvage see some of those guilds (not just their guild banks but those too of course) salvaged.
    It'd be easy enough to verify that the "last on" characters all belonged to the same few accounts or even player and that other players or any leadership type was last on X years ago, which should be reason enough to transfer guild-leadership when none of the recently online IS the leader.
    Sadly though, my impression is that - in order to prevent "abuse" perhaps - they are under orders to flat-out decline such requests.
  9. Pootle Elder

I have a bunch of alts and friends using a guild that we have had for yeeeeeeeeears. However the leader stopped playing like 5+ years ago, but Daybreak wont do anything about Guild leadership stuff.
    I think the stance is, you can all leave, sacrifice guild name/reputation/bank items, and create a new guild with active players.

I believe its more like they dont want to pay anyone to spend time with these requests.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

We can only speculate on the reason why they won't do it.
    Fact is, applying common sense would... well... make sense in most cases.
    And support is there to... well... support i reckon.
    With less housing bugs, support time for this type of request would not matter much.
    Heck, it could even be scripted... then the GM time required would only be however long he needs to run the script (which can auto-create the reply too) and setting status to "resolved" - like.. 2mins, until script raises an error?
    At any rate the time shouldn't be longer than what they currently need to negatively answer the petition!
  11. Crystilla Augur

They've said in the past why they won't do it. (Whether or not it's relevant today is a different question though.)

Since the guild is tied to an account; that account holder can create that guild elsewhere and without their consent, GM's won't touch it. That said the OP's problem isn't the worse case scenario, so it should be fixable if adding him back to guild didn't fix it.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They no longer offer guild management services via petitions. They expect you to delete the guild and remake it. That said, the Devs should have created a way for those in a guild to promote members to officers, officers, to senior officers, and senior officers to guild leaders when there is either no guild leader or the existing guild leader(s) have been inactive for an extended period of time. Additionally, Guild leaders should be able to Promote Senior Officers to Co-Leader Status up to the already established 3 GL limit in addition to being able to Transferring Guild Leadership.