Dervs what is up with high fail rates on trivial mechanoinstructions sub combines?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LorthorSZ, Apr 28, 2018.

1. LorthorSZ New Member

Ok so I have noticed that the sub-combines for mechanoinstructions have super high fail rates AND I have 336 skill, salvage, and AA mastery for the tailoring, baking, and brewing. I haven't done a big 100 combine test more like multiple 10-15 combines combos. So this is what I estimate with the sub-combines for the Mechanoinstructions:

Prepared Sporali Skin: 276 trivial Tailoring
    Fail Rate: 33% to 50%

Instruction Parchment: 276 trivial Baking (USES Prepared Sporali Skin)
    Fail Rate: about 10-20%

Scrindite's Instruction Ink: 252 trivial Brewing
    Fail Rate: about 10%

From my experiences is that trivial have less than a 5% fail rate. So my questions are: Why do these have such a high rate of fail? Do the Dervs know about this? If this is unknown problem is it going to be changed?
    These items are just time consuming to get not really hard so why make this so difficult. I could understand if it was a long quest with a big item reward in the end but its not.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

How did you spell it Dervs twice?
    Nolrog, Adrienna and discordkitty like this.
  3. Ebine Augur

I tried to make two medicine bags this past week. Triv is 68 my skill is 75. I failed both times.
  4. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

Derv's don't care.

[IMG]
    Appren, Koshk, Ryak and 3 others like this.
  5. Mithra Augur

75 skill 68 trivial is a 75% chance of success according to eqtc
  6. Febb Augur

These are the dervs that work at Blizzard.

[IMG]
    Appren, Koshk, Punchu and 2 others like this.
  7. LorthorSZ New Member

lol I was tired as heck when I did this :( didn't even catch that
    minimind likes this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Some combines have a fail rate mod that gives significantly higher fail rates. These are some of them. The dervs posted about this a month or two ago. It probably won't be changed because it was intentional.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Jahtw Journeyman

Prepared sporali skins in particular seem brutal for me, just as your data says.
    For a really crazy mod, try making some dragon mayonnaise (trivial: 20!). With 345 skill + all AAs, I made 32 of them yesterday ... in just 608 attempts. But you get everything back if you fail. Weird, weird recipe.
    minimind likes this.
  10. Catashe Augur

RNG is RNG really.. I normally don't have a problem when I make them.. now those stupid power belts... Those are my mortal enemy.. Even with max tailoring with 15% mod...
  11. Hadesborne Augur

I can concur after about 150 attempts, my failure rate on the prepared sporali skins seems to be about 35%. That is just too high for a trivial combine that involves farming both uncommon drops, especially considering the effort required to get tailoring(considered the hardest tradeskill to raise) to 300. To have a trivial combine that is 276 skill when you are 336 modded with the AAs to back it up seems off balance. I could see making certain combines fail more often because they hold more weight in economy/game design, but from say 5% to 35% is just too big of a jump.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  12. Baldur Augur

It's not RNG, it's like the OoW augs, it has an increased built in failure rate.

It definitely is brutal.
    minimind and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  13. Hadesborne Augur

This really needs to be looked into. The Fail rate is way too high on trivial combines.
  14. Rouan Augur

Ermahgerd, dr dervs!
    TheDohn likes this.
  15. Fumi-chan Augur

I was really hoping this was a thread about dervs. Pretty disappointed.
  16. GeauxTigers Elder

How does this matter unless the instances were removed? You get like 50 tablets and infinite grease.
  17. Hadesborne Augur

Grease? I think you may be mistaken. We are talking about the subcombines to make the instruction parchment for mechanoinstructions.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=21009

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=20906

The fail rate on the actual mechanoinstruction combine isn't terrible. I seem to be getting about 1 fail per 30ish combines. Which seems to be right on target. Unfortunately the fail rate on the prepared sporali skins and the instruction parchment combines is too high for trivial combines.
  18. High Voltage Augur

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Hadesborne Augur

I couldn't have said it better myself. Wait, I did say it.
  20. Mukkul Augur

Now that we have success rates shown on the Combine button, we can see that the success rate for Prepared Sporali Skin is capped at 75%, and the Instruction Parchment at 85%. The Scrindite's Instruction Ink success rate is normal though.

Yes, it's specially coded and intentional.

The weirdest one might be Dragon Mayonnaise at 20% success rate. But at least that one has no loss of ingredients.

Other examples are the 12 TSS tradeskill charm pottery recipes (such as Artisan Charm) which have a success rate of 75% during the firing stage.