So about those esoteric medallions...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Guzzle Augur

Ehhh, what? Did they ever even complete Time?
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Everything that was winnable yes. We cleared Phase 5 and saw Quarm. Go ahead and look at the Allakhazam history for Quarm's AEs:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=3777&source=Live

They all were revamped July 10th, 2003. For a little bit of history:

Afterlife reaches Quarm July 2nd, 2003. Complains to SOE about the dumb AEs. Patch goes in July 10th, 2003. They defeated Quarm July 16th, 2003. The alpha version on AK was only seen by 3 guilds (Afterlife, Township Rebellion and Temerity on Al'Kabor) and deemed unkillable.

This was a quote from our guild forms after digging through spell data and seeing what we were up against the night we wiped to him:

Note the Timeforged Airblast AE. 18 second unresistable 300' PBAE stun recast every 35 seconds. Among a bunch of other really stupid AEs.

My long way of saying, every event that was winnable was won, and that was without any checklist flags (meaning you cannot hail out of order) and without any 85/15 push or backflags available. If a server is designed to sit in this era forever why offer all these short cuts that allow you skipping the content. They make sense in a progressing game but not a stagnant one.
    Punchu likes this.
  3. mesocornaiv Lorekeeper

Yea, post fix quarm is a cakewalk, so maybe they shouldn't have nerfed him quite so much, but pre-fix quarm was a nightmare.
  4. TormentedEQ New Member

Oh the bottleneck of esoteric medallions. Dz's mini's would of defiantly moved this along. It's been pretty toxic so far. We'll see what the next few days bring.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yall killed Quarm yet?
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Punchu like this.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

By their nature, DZ minis would have defiantly attempted to prevent you from moving along.
  7. HappyPanda Augur

Pick threshold is around 50.
    There is like 200 people sitting in storms this weekend even well after midnight.
    This really dumb and should be tweaked.
    Krezzy and discordkitty like this.
  8. Kahna Augur

You have forever in PoP. What is the rush?
    Punchu likes this.
  9. Tiggles-P99 Journeyman

Medallion camps seem fine it's much much faster than VP or fungus Grove shards at launch.

One or two days as a guild should key most raids for Agnarr.

Plus you can split the Lord's in the DZ for any stragglers.
  10. HappyPanda Augur

You haven't provided any useful information to this thread and just choose to minimize the concerns of others.

They have a huge spawn window variance.
    Pick threshold is very high.
    They don't spawn on pickup.
    They don't spawn in the DZ.

I belong to a guild that has already progressed beyond them. I can tell you that the medallions were a silly and unnecessary bottleneck to progression while almost everything else is instanced.

This should be improved for future servers.
  11. Punchu Augur

I'm not sure how many pages the Phinny storms cry thread was but it was definitely more pages than raid guilds on Agnarr. Maybe you'll get it changed, but probably not.
  12. Kahna Augur

And yet you got through them, and did so in a matter of days. If you don’t have time sinks like this on a server that will never progress past PoP, what else does the server have? Even non-locked server spend 6 months in PoP (LDoN isn’t a real expansion). That is a huge amount of time with not a lot to do, this time sink adds something to do. It’s not even really that much of a time sink, seeing as how you managed to get an entire raid flagged in less than a week. Once you can 85/15 into the Elementals you will never need to do this content again, you can if you want to, but it will be completely optional. Most people won’t want to, at least not right off the bat, they may go back and flag alts later. This opens up the mobs for other guilds to do.

It’s not really that bad. It’s okay if it takes people a little while to accomplish something, it really is.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Nothing to see here. Just the instanced crowd wanting everything delivered to them on a silver platter. Lump this in with the "remove vp keys" threads and ignore.
  14. Krezzy Augur

Thanks for providing the threshold. I'd place it at 60. There were over 50 players on in the main pick last night; both numbered picks had more than 25 players, and a new pick wasn't spawning.
  15. wherehouse Lorekeeper

16. Hinastorm86 Augur

Cause clicking long respawn specs on the ground makes you a true, great everquest player.

The rest of the VP key is fine, the groundspawns need to be instant, or removed. They are the single dumbest mechanic i've ever witnessed in any mmo.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Worked fine for me in 4 stints over 19 years. You decided to play on an instanced-raid server but did not stop to think about the ramifications of the group game that goes along with it. This is what happens when you have 20 raid guilds competing for group content. I guess dbg could just remove vp keys, BOT keys, etc., but I don't think the idea of instanced tlp was to give all 1000 raiders from all 20 guilds instant access to everything.
  18. ikarinokamii Elder

absolute disaster. every thing is contested. people opening trade windows. mem blurring, dispelling pets, bestowing DA. whom ever thought it was a good idea to not make mini spawn in the instance is a ....
  19. GeauxTigers Elder

The irony of a company saying we are adding DZ's so everyone can experience raid content vs the same company (albeit one person) saying it's an intended bottle neck for raiding (nothing else needs to be done outside of a DZ) is actually hilarious.
  20. Arrk Augur

I am the master of pick spawning.

POS threshold is just over 45, but 50 is a better number. PoS picks won't spawn if any pick has less then that.

The base pick and all active picks must break the threshold or new picks won't spawn... I can't believe people still don't get this...