Fabled MOBs and PermaCampers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

You saw the title of this post. Its been 20 years and there has not been a solution to PERMACAMPERS. You all know the people I'm talking about. They have certain zone's timed raid MOBS on an alarm clock and pop in to take the kill resulting in the rest of the server feeling frustrated. Giving these MOBs a "Fabled" title and connecting all these old zones to hunter and conquest achievement points makes it 10x worse!!!

Why cant something be done about this? Instanced zones? Lock-outs? tons of ideas have been posted and NONE implemented.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I'm kind of surprised they haven't put the Agents of Change on Live servers just to avoid these sort of situations. The work is already done, you just don't have access to it.
    Sancus, Poyzen Frawg and fohpo2 like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Is there really anything fabled raid related that’s of actual value?

Can’t really think of anything off the top of my head unless you’re thinking lvl 75 alts or something.

Agree with this, it’d be nice, and a small drop of positive to come out of TLP cesspool’s ocean of derp :)
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

To be honest, I'm addicted to Achievement points :(
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Not sure how you set an alarm for a a raid mob with a randomized 24 hour respawn window.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Bobsmith like this.
  6. moogs Augur

Drastically reduce the respawn timers. No mob should take a full day to spawn, much less a week.
    Poyzen Frawg likes this.
  7. fohpo2 New Member

Can't mercs kill the lvl 70 raid mobs...
  8. Gnomeland Augur

A while ago, I thought about setting up a 24 hours camp to do just this.

Then I went through all the monsters, and found that there's not a single equipment of worth among them.

Don't know why people do it beyond not knowing they can get much better equipment from other places.
  9. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I remember when the fabled mobs were actual raid targets. It was fun raiding the old world mobs. (When you needed a raid party to beat them) But now? Are these things perma camped these days? I've took a quick run by the PoP fabled targets and the zones are ghost towns. Other than reliving memories of the past fabled mobs have no value anymore.

But I do remember back in the day, there was this one mob (forgot which one) that was perma camped by a certain guild. They were there for over a year. Different toons, same guild. That mob I recall, dropped something of great value at the time.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yeah, Fippy was tough back in the day.
    Bloodfrost Rising likes this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fabled Willsapper

(Vital Conflagrant Belt nullifies much of the need for a Willisapper but a better ratio slow proc nice is to have on hand).
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Are people perma camping them, or fabled are so easy now that people are killing them by an accidental riposte as they wander through the zones?
  13. YellowBelly Augur

It seems some people have a sick fascination with permacamping old raid targets even before the achievement system.Mobs like Seru,Greg,Vulak are always down and people have toons camped and timed right at their spawn points.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Seru and Vulak have clickies that are still desireable today.