Why are idols and pots gone on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GeauxTigers, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Karmainaction New Member

May want to make sure you actually did remove them from all aspects of the game. People were advertising them in trade chat the second the servers came up. So, you haven't really removed them as well as you thought.
  2. Karmainaction New Member

3. Hinastorm86 Augur

If you think I was trolling....not sure what to say. What about my post screamed "troll" to you?
  4. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

Of course they didn't they can't release a patch without fixing it 2-3 patches later
    Herf likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

Apparently correcting people is considered trolling. That means teachers everywhere are nothing but trolls.
  6. Hinastorm86 Augur

Lotta angry people on the forums right now, I suppose unwarranted backlash is to be expected right now. (unwarranted towards other posters, I mean.)
  7. Herf Augur

"Code review? Wut's that?" :)
  8. Eriadoc Elder

WAY more overpowered than DBG potions for run speed, regen, clarity, haste, XP, etc. WAY more overpowered than 40-slot bags in classic.
  9. Snorl Lorekeeper

And yet Rox starts off by posting in this duplicate thread and not the original. you must be new
  10. MBear Augur

That is the answer.
    Make idols purchased in Marketplace.
    They will no longer be considered OP.
    Eriadoc and Hateseeker like this.
  11. Febb Augur

Which should have been merged with the original instead of people posting new threads on the same subject. The point still stands, this is common practice to not allow duplicate threads and has been the forum rules for quite some time now.
  12. Snorl Lorekeeper

The point still stands. Making a point and being new are not mutually exclusive.
  13. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

They still haven't answered why they removed revamp Cazic Thule from Luclin when it was initially released during Luclin.

And that was months ago.
  14. GeauxTigers Elder

The AoC still sends you to revamp CT btw. You only get one spawn, which means group named may or may not be up. But things like the Ring of Slime work from inside.

So while they may have changed the ability to 'farm' the group stuff from open world, it's not actually gone. Might just be an oversight, wouldn't really surprise me if it is.
  15. NoWay Augur

lol
  16. Enchanting_Chanter Journeyman

LOL
  17. Febb Augur

Maybe the person who had his thread locked was new, yes.
  18. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

None of the nameds spawn in the instance.

And it still doesn't answer why they removed the open world zone in the first place, when it was released half a year before Planes of Power originally.
  19. snailish Augur

The usual answer that has been given for any era-assigning is they "put it where it fits best" which tends to be the next expac rather than the one something new was released after. When reasoning is given for that, it is usually along the lines of "this was implemented after the launch of A and is tuned closer to B".

The intention is good, while occasionally resulting in little-used content. There are situation where era-limiting a few drops rather than a whole zone or revamp would probably be better.
  20. jmoney87 New Member

distillates and golden idols removed by the patch remain gone despite the extended downtime.