Account Recovery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by B0wcaster, Apr 18, 2018.

1. B0wcaster New Member

Hello, I need some help with some questions.

I have been away from the game for about 12 years now, and am trying to recover my account. the issues I'm having with my ticket are

1: I no longer have access to the E-mail I made the account with.
    2: the card that was used was my dad's, I know the name on the card, but not the card number itself
    3: I do not remember what my security question was, but could most likely answer it if i knew the question.

Is there anything I can do to retrieve this account even though I do not have all the information the ticket is asking for? Back in the day I could call customer support and work things out over the phone, but they no longer have call support.. what can I do at this point?
  2. discordkitty Augur

They won't do anything, I went through the same horror story. My original account was for an email that I haven't used in 15 years, with a credit card that belonged to a parent and they wouldn't just ask me the security question and let me answer it.

The kicker? I HAVE my login and password that worked before they reset them all for some reason.
  3. moogs Augur

All account passwords should have been reset in 2011 when SOE was hacked and it was shown that they were totally incompetent and careless with customer information.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-
    click the link That Didn't Work
    That Didn't Work

the questions is do you know the E-mail address used in the ticket update your new e-mail address in the ticket. - You might not need have access to it.

You will need to provide the following information:
    • Daybreak username*:
    • Email address on account*:
    • Answer to secret question:
    • name on credit card:
    • last 4 of credit card:
    *You will need to provide either the Daybreak username or email address used on the account in order for customer service to locate your account.
  5. TYGRHobbes New Member

I was in the same boat. For me the only thing that mattered to DB was that I answer the secret question correctly. The CC number didn't matter. In your case not having the email address might be the deal breaker though. If you know all the other info they may change the email address for you, I don't know if that is even possible though.
  6. Mkb617 New Member

Just today I recovered an account that was about the same age as yours. I told them my character name, my name, my old home address, and what I thought was my email address at the time. They verified who I was by asking the answer to my security question. Then they had me verify a new email address. They then sent me a link to recover my address and with the log in names associated with my old account. I was able to log in and set a new password. Unfortunately with the down time today I haven’t got to look at my account but so far everything seems to be working
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  7. B0wcaster New Member

I've got a reply to my submitted ticket, they are working with me to recover my account. thank you all for the help and replies:)
  8. kingragnork New Member

Hey Bowcaster, don't listen to some of these people saying you can't get it back. You most definitely CAN. I was in the same boat as you man. I was 11 when i first played EQ from 2001-2005 when I quit. My dad originally paid for my sub, then my older brother. I didn't come back to the game til 2015. It took me about a week to recover my account and i had zero access to the old email because it was CompuServe which no longer exists, didn't know the CC, security questions etc. All i knew was the name of the account holders, the character info and that was enough proof for them.
    Tinnen likes this.