Bard weapon choice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Fohpo, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Fohpo Augur

Out of cutiousity, what's the general consensus on RoS raid weapons?
  2. svann Augur

I use the jeweled hoarded blood orchid katana and heresh spine of pain, and swap out to phlogiston rapier on the few names that resist the blood orchid proc. I see several other bards preferring dekloaz dirk over heresh.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Yeah I've got a Jeweled katana and dirk but I'm not 100%, haven't parsed it out yet. I've seen some people using 2x katanas (raid mh and group oh) as well as some still using Hornscale.
  4. Niloiv Elder

I think Svann's set up is rather ideal.
    I have Jeweled Katana and Acrodant Axe, because we have a ton of rogues in our guild, and I would rather see the spine in their hands, but Ill eventually get one myself. There are a few moments throughout RoS where bandolier is handy to control your procs
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Grab a Crasher (or two!) and sneak onto heal parses! ;)
  6. Fohpo Augur

I haven't invested into heal procs yet but I probably should, as well as upgrade my canes to the raid version. I have a few bandolier setups already for RoS, seems pretty much necessary for any guild wanting to progress.
  7. blimey New Member

8. Fohpo Augur

Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana and Phlogiston Cane parsed best for me, granted I could probably take some more time to test it further.
  9. Skalde Elder

Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana and Acrodent Axe (Or Dekloaz's Dirk) would more than likely parse the best imo.
  10. Brohg Augur

One thing's darn sure, that ain't going to beat JHBOK & Lifestealer's Cudgel, with the same size proc & just 7 extra base damage with the same delay :) Mostly though faster delays have worked out for bards in the past
  11. Fohpo Augur

I have a Cudgel, I'll test it but I'm like 90% sure Cudgel isn't better.
  12. Brohg Augur

It's literally the same weapon with 7 higher base dmg. If it doesn't come out better than Phlogiston Rod, your methodology is flawed.
  13. Fohpo Augur

Parsed it out with each weapon setup for 60 minutes each, did both with and without melody rolling. I'd be willing to bet it has something to do with the chromatic damage though.
  14. Brohg Augur

aha, yes! and parsed against a combat dummy? A raid level one or group?
  15. Fohpo Augur

Raid
  16. Nniki Augur

17. Nniki Augur

It might be a bug that Lifestealer's Cudgel doesn't have chromatic damage. I believe the raid version of the warrior weapon had that issue on beta where it was fixed, so it might be the case here too.
  18. Brohg Augur

I'd say to bug a dev about that, but they're probably kinda busy right this moment :p
  19. Fohpo Augur

I mean, I wasn't confusing names but I don't necessarily think there's a 1-to-1 raid equivalent for the crafted weapons. The procs on Cane and Cudgel are different elements for example, same goes for axes. I get Brohg's point about the ratio difference, but my gut instinct is telling me that the Chromatic damage on Cane is the cause for the difference in parses. I'm not knowledgeable enough to be able to explain why or the mechanics behind it.
  20. svann Augur

Id reconsider the cudgel if they added the chromatic damage. Im not sure how to phrase it convincingly to get them to change it though.