PoP Era on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Lumiens Augur

How long will it take to go from the start of PoP to get to GoD on Corinav? LoY and LDON don't really seem like real expansions.
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

PoP will be around for 12 weeks. Once Coirnav reaches the GoD, expansions that do not include a level cap will last 8 weeks in between expansion unlocks. If an expansion does include a level cap increase, it will remain current for 12 full weeks before the next unlock.
  3. Lumiens Augur

So you are releasing LoY and LDON when PoP 1st launches and it only takes 12 weeks to get to GoD or is it 12 weeks for PoP, 12 weeks for LoY and 12 weeks for LDON?
  4. Kahna Augur

LoY will release 1 hour after PoP does. LDoN is it's own 12 week thing.
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Check out this page I made to see when expansions will unlock.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Please make LDON 4 weeks or 8 weeks. That was some of the worst raiding I have ever done.
  7. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Shortening LDoN will only help servers to maintain their player bases. This is an expansion that ruins the raiding experience for most guilds, as a three-month cycle is far too long for the limited content it provides. It should be released a month or so after PoP, and should be part of the current PoP cycle so that PoP still is only out for 12 weeks before GoD is launched.
  8. Vahln New Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Please do not make us sit through 6 months of raiding PoTime again. LDoN really offers nothing that should extend the timetable.

9. snailish Augur

I believe in revisionist history to smooth progression:

This includes PoP + LDoN + LoY being considered one expac. They compliment each other beautifully, serving different audiences and interests. LDoN xp should be turned way up though... making it the ideal catch-up sought after grouping content.

This would include DoN not being a standalone (can have tuned up XP too), nor any other "just missions" expac.

Once we get to the modern smaller expacs, it may make sense to combine some of them as well.

This could also include launching new progression servers at least at Kunark if not Velious. My view is that the initial rush with more places to go would be better overall, and keep more playing longer.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  10. Coirnav Augur

This has been asked an answered. It took us 6 pages to get clarity the last time it was answered after a staff poster confused the issue twice. Prolly best to refer back tot he one that just got us this clarity unless this is just a troll thread.
  11. Sesshou-Eci New Member

I am going to chime in as well and say that having LDoN be its own 12 week period is going to be a bad idea. The LDoN raiding is just an overall bad experience, not to mention there isn't that much to LDoN really. It would be a way better idea to either just launch LDoN with LoY, or start it 6-8 weeks after PoP and have GoD (and maybe OoW?) start 12 weeks after PoP. It will likely kill a lot of people's interest if PoP is effectively the only thing to do for 24 weeks.