Manastone and other removed items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RandomStrategy, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Is it possible guises were removed because of the rp-pvp server? It's possible they decided to just nerf it on all servers instead of just that one.
  2. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

Or illusion through doors. They couldn't completely stop it without fixing the actual issue, but maybe they wanted to put a dent into it. Rogues/bards get pick lock anyway so it wouldn't matter if they could continue to use it.
  3. Tyche Elder

4. Nekromancy Elder

• Re-enabled Manastone usage in the following revamped zones: Lavastorm, West Freeport, East Freeport, North Desert of Ro, and South Desert of Ro.
    The relevant part to the sept. 2007 patch he is referring to.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

i will go with the low hanging fruit here and they just intended for guise to be used by those 2 classes. Others being able to click and not wear was a mistake, that they fixed. Removing the items from current inventories didnt seem to be their method so they left them.
  6. Paralyze Journeyman

Somewhat related to manastone but far less egregious: https://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask

This mask is still in game with clicky fear, but it used to have a clicky Call of Bones effect which any CT worshipping cleric could obtain. In addition to the effect being nerfed, all CT-worshipping clerics are punished by having to get most of their spells in other zones (evil human clericss and evil erudite clerics have a poor spell selection in their hometown). On top of this, all evil erudites are doubly punished by not having a parcel vendor in Paineel. But for some reason I still keep making my clerics worship CT. :(

Edit: Obviously I'm being sarcastic about spells and parcel vendors being a punishment. I just want my dang hometown fixed!