Hate to bring up a worn out subject....but

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lufraki, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Lufraki Elder

Has anybody completed the "A Formal Dinner Party" Anniversary task and NOT received the bonus reward after correctly guessing on the first try?

I would just chalk it up to bad luck or whatever, but this damn task takes forever to complete and we pretty much had to clear the whole zone to get all the clues, about 5 hrs worth of killing...

I petitioned to see if there's anything that could be done, or maybe they can tell me if we did anything wrong, but it was pretty cut and dry... collect the proof, accuse, name the room and kill the suspect..... no red berry paste

Not sure if it matters, but I was the only one in group that had not completed this task.
  2. Gialana Augur

I think after you kill the suspect, you have to hail Melion Pell before the paste will show up on your cursor. My group did this on Friday night and Saturday night. On Friday, we guessed the wrong room once, and we didn't get the red berry paste. On Saturday, we guessed the room correctly and received the paste, at least by the time the mission was complete.
  3. Vaeeldar Augur

You do have to go hail after killing. IF you didn't do that it won't show up. Probably seems obvious, so we shouldn't ask, but did you hail?
  4. Lufraki Elder

Yes, I hailed.... response from support says we did not complete it correctly... so, even though we guessed correct and finished the task, no bonus ... guess another 4 -6 hrs to do it again.
  5. Sabre Serial Complainer

use a mage with an eye spell to scout for the right answer to riddle. literally only have to kill the room where dinner party is and whomever is the baddy. sometimes you have to use process of elimination but if you guess wrong you can just drop task and restart
  6. Cicelee Augur

I am pretty sure doing it this way is now considered an exploit, is frowned upon by developers, and could result in a suspension...
  7. Israfel Elder

I don’t think you can still get the paste without completing the quest.

I took a group through this event last week and after killing ever non-quest NPC in the zone, we only had 3 of the 4 needed quest items (yes, this includes the mobs hidden in the library, weapon racks, etc...).

Needless to say, we had some over the mystery, but would couldn’t get the paste from the quest giver.

It was a huge bummer to us all.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

It's worse than you think. The latest test update is that only one paste will be found in chest now. I'm SOOO grateful I did this mission already for my tanks in my box group because I don't think I'd like to do this individually by any means.