Marked as Spam

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zekio, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Zekio New Member

I've been playing for weeks with no issue. Out of the blue today, I am completely unable to send or receive tells.

This game is 100% based on social interaction, and somehow you've handed children the reigns to my gaming experience? How is it even remotely okay for you to allow people to remove my ability to speak in-game to people?

If there is some broken rule, then they need to report me and my account needs to be banned according to the rules I have broken. But anyone beyond the admins and devs the power to take this experience away from me is criminal.

You need to fix this, or I'll take my money elsewhere. This is insane.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't think I've ever seen it work where you could not send or receive tells, that's new to me. Then again, I mark people as spam when they post WTS about 10 times in as many minutes, for the same items (the introduction of time stamps into the game chat windows helps a lot to notice this nonsense). That doesn't make them instantly marked as a "spam" character, possibly ever - I often see the same person's chat spam for days or weeks on end.

It used to be that if someone sent a tell but was a "spam" character, I would still get the tell window but the message would be [SPAM] or something similar, where I could click it to read the message if I chose.
  3. Zekio New Member

I was absolutely being marked as spam, confirmed by support from my ticket. It's since been removed, but it feels really ridiculous that people like myself are caught up in this system in any way. Especially when the result is "no contact with other players." It was marking ALL of my chat as spam, group/text/say/etc...
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Odd that the system has this issue of marking innocent chats as spam around this time of year every year. And yet Holly made the reply in June 2015 that the spam filters has been relaxed yet it happened again in May/June 2016. And usually on TLP servers. I doubt there is any player marking another as spam enough to cause the spam hammer to come down. It takes quite a few reports. I find it more believable the servers are simply messing up in another way. Like my rangers left leg is missing and my chat colors are different than they used to be. Ah well, at least its not her shooting leg.
  5. High Voltage Augur

Is that three hours in between your complaint and the issue being solved by cs?

The solution to your problem would have been to grow up I guess.
  6. Lufraki Elder

Only time I've seen that happen is when someone was reported as spamming any channel by multiple people... oh, and one other time when someone was sending external links, but that too, needed to be reported as spam....