Coirnav - Golden Idols

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tivolti, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tivolti New Member

Saw golden idols for sale in CL tonight. These I guess were not actually removed?

Form the patch notes:

2. taliefer Augur

3. ZerksTheLizard Journeyman

The real question is will they remove the ones that were already made too. If so the people making them will keep all that plat and the people who bought them will be SOL
  4. smash Augur

They already said they will remove them.
  5. tivolti New Member

6. Hateseeker Augur

They were not harming the game, they were a nice tradeskill for all recent TLP, makes little sense to remove at this point. Restoring old Freeport, however difficult that might be, even if impossible, would be far more valuable than this.
  7. taliefer Augur

8. tivolti New Member

9. That0neguy Augur

Kind of messed up to remove them and/or disable them for those who did purchase them already.
  10. Piznut Angry Gnome

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of unsuspecting buyers who don't stalk the forums are going to give up their plat and then lose the item. That's why people are hardcore selling them right now, they know what's up.

Really unfair for DBG to remove them after the fact, and penalize players for their screwup.
  11. Nekromancy Elder

I only went Agnostic because these idols weren't supposed to be in the game.

RIP
  12. smash Augur

What prevents you from spreading word about person(s) who are selling such item, knowing it will vanish a next patch.

Persons who do sell will get bad reputation for a small profit, which they will pay for later in game. They could get on black list from people around, making it harder for them to get groups.
  13. snailish Augur

Items have been removed after the fact in the past. Crummy to be a person that bought one, but it was announced they weren't going to be in.

They shouldn't be in... if an item from a later era makes all itemization for that slot in an earlier era moot it is overpowered. Golden idols clearly fit that... for some classes it made sense to equip 3 of them, at least for a cost/ease of acquiring perspective.

Besides, any reduction in player power pre-luclin is actually probably a good thing for progression.

And yes, I happily equipped golden idols on progression when I could.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Hard to spread the word about something you don't know about.

Also don't think the sellers care. they are making hand in fist in plat/krono right now. very easy to do that on an alt so no one knows who it is.
  15. fastboy21 Augur

Their mistake. The items should be left in game unless players exploited a game mechanic to make them. Fix the mistake, the existing items should remain. You're punishing your customers for your error unless you let them keep it OR make it up to them in another way. Customer Service 101.

At 1500pp each the idols are almost worth a Krono. Compensate your customers if you just jerked them out of 1500pp because someone on your end messed up.
  16. taliefer Augur

these have such a small impact on player power now, its really not worth the upset customers it would cause by either removing them after the fact, or removing the recipe and letting the existing ones remain.

they should really just accept they made a mistake on coirnav and let them remain, and take them off any future servers.
    snailish and Hateseeker like this.
  17. Coirnav Augur

18. Accipiter Old Timer

Guess I need to auction my permafrost crystals.
  19. Johnwick Augur

My PM With Roxxlyy:

( Distillate of Spirituality )
    Me : Can you provide same clarification on that annoucement you just made regarding these?
    Will the existing potions already made be removed from game as well ?
    Or just the recipe iteself?

Roxxlyy : Yes, they will be removed across the server , existing potions included .

Note : Yes i know this is Distllates and not Idols : But it should be the same result.
    Boze likes this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

Multiple generations of TLP servers have had these things; the window of opportunity to fairly remove them is before a server's launch, not after launch and after they've been made and sold in the same way they were for multiple previous generations of TLP.

This is not a professional and considerate way to handle it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.