add the 50% back to coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by anonymoose, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Navi New Member

I agree with the comments on Agnarr exp rate. I think this feels like the most natural exp rate to balance the casual crowds level gain. And those harcore folks can still max all their toons :D
  2. Ajjantis Elder

And thats what you want on coirnav? No thanks.
  3. Risiko Augur

Experience from last night in Lower Guk. Take it for what you want.

• Zone: Lower Guk
    • Camp: Assassin/Supplier
    • Group: SK / CLR / WIZ / NEC / BRD / ROG (no boxes)
    • Steady killing only interrupted a couple times by intentional trains of people trying to take our camp
    • Time: Over 4 hours (had a 4 hour mana pot rolling, so I know it was over 4 hours we were there)
    • Experience Gained: Went from level 33 (with next to no experience in) to 34 (.2 ... 1 yellow in to 34)
    So, that was 4+ hours of steady killing for 1.2 levels at level 33. For someone that plays on average 4 hours a night, that's roughly 1 level a night in the 30s. I am not looking forward to the 40s lol.

On one hand, this experience rate means that I get to spend more time in the level ranges which means I get to experience more zones at appropriate level while farming gear and completing quests rather than getting to 50 and then just face rolling the zones for that.

On the other hand, this experience rate means that I wont be raiding anytime soon. I'm not sure if that is a bad or a good thing actually. I'm not missing it personally. The low stress grouping aspect of Everquest is a refreshing experience in and of itself.

If anything, the only thing I would like is if they would lower the requirements for opening a new pick of any given zone and lowering the number of players in a pick to keep it open. With so many people spending so much time in the lower to mid level ranges, that means that there will be more competition for a much longer time for the mid range dungeons. We need way more picks of Lower Guk, Solusek's Eye, Cazic Thule, etc open at any given time considering how many people are going to be in the 20-40 level range for such an extended time.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

That matches my experience. We did 37-38 in about 3.5 hours at exe/sage/cav. Higher level mobs down there so the gain was about he same.
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Kahna Augur

I tested it, DE Mage, only level 1 mobs. Took 20 kills to get to 2, a far cry from 7-10.
  6. Ninjoe New Member

Please increase the XP rate of Coirnav. I would buy a lot more XP pots.. even with a pot it is un-enjoyably slow.
  7. Kronotowin Elder

They already made their cash on exp pots. Coirnav is doomed.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Wow 3 hours straight for a mid level... thats brutal. Shows how out of touch the powers that be actually are.
  9. Magic Augur

+1.
    If devs have no plan on raise Coirnav exp, will be good to see this change.
  10. smash Augur

Why should there be more picks? There will still be same number of peoole per pick. No logical reason for it.
  11. Magic Augur

"and lowering the number of players in a pick to keep it open"
  12. smash Augur

Why should they lower the amount of people keeping a pick open, there no reason for that. They do not want a lot of picks open if there no reason to, thats why they increasen the amount required it to keep 1 open.
  13. Tuucan_ED New Member

Lguk Isn’t as fast as it once was, so try someplace else for faster experience. There is nothing to do but level in classic, short of a handful of raids if that’s your thing. Kunark has a bump to 60, but then that’s it for two expansions. Having done this many times, I’d rather have alts to level and have something to do than have everyone capped in a few days and just farm. Everyone wants instant gratification but it doesn’t work, not in EQ. It doesn’t matter a single bit if you hit 50 in classic unless you specifically want to raid. You have plenty of time.
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

The exp rate on Agnarr is about right. Coirnav feels like a tedious grind. Most of my friends have gone back to Agnarr. I'm pretty much the last one left. I hope they increase the exp rate to match Agnarr server. Thanks.
  15. fastboy21 Augur

My observations on Coirnav:

The exp rate is generally okay (thought it is grindy --- I'm okay with grindy) and is playing as was advertised.

The biggest hurdle in classic eq for me was always finding a group. After you find a group you need to have a camp. Sometimes, it can take an entire play session to get that rolling. With instancing, it is pretty rare to spend 4 hours lfg. I just put LFG and with in 30 minutes I get a random tell. We can use /pick to just find a good camp. It isn't bad at all.

Once in the group and camp, it also isn't bad. Last night I went from 0% into 49 to 50% in less than 2 hours playing in a PUG in the Hole. If the enchanter hadn't LD'd, I'd have dinged last night in another hour or two. That seems pretty easy to me.

My bigger complaint is that exp is brutally slow at low lvls before the grouping game gets going. I feel like the levels 1-15 are actually harder right now than 40-50. I honestly don't know if I would be able to grind my way into the game through the early levels if I weren't a very experienced EQ player. New players would hit this grindy boring uninteresting stage and probably quit thinking that the entire game was going to be spent like this. I wish that there was a way to ease the first few levels. I think now that launch racing is over that it would actually help the server.

Remember two things regarding the current exp: 1) there is not much to do in classic once you level your main (other than level an alt). Leveling IS the game in vanilla. If you see the game grind to 50 as simply a prelude to the "real" game then it is going to seem VERY tedious. 2) In Kunark and Velious there are no AA...once you hit 60 thats it.

For me, it seems fine as it is. With /pick I'm leveling super fast compared to what it was like (and I am used to). To me the bigger issue that it is harder to make friends in game because of the instancing.

To give some perspective to my comments. I was the first bard to grind to 60 on vulak in kunark. There was no instanced /pick'ing on that server. THAT was a grind. THIS is a cake walk.