Raid loot rules on tradeable loot

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Turinbar, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Turinbar Augur

Is it normal for tradeable raid loot that either no one in raid can use or all raid members already have one of to be looted by guild main looter ? They are already getting all the plat master loot and gems that drop? Is this normal procedure for guilds. I can see this being abused by guild leadership to sell raid loot for kronos. Makes more sense, imo for everyone in the raid to just /random for the item, everyone helped on the kill. Wondering because I don't want to unwittingly help fund a few peoples krono appetite due to shady practices. This is on a TLP server, I am staying anonymous as I don't want to cause drama.
  2. Skeetari Lorekeeper

Yes, it is not out of the ordinary for droppable loot to be taken and put in guild bank. It is either sold, or given to recruits or alts. I just got a BoC from my guild on Agnarr since I’m a new warrior member. Many guilds sell stuff gotten at raids that no one wants to get plat for the guild bank to repay members who spend their own plat on potions, reagents, etc. that are submitted basically like an expense report.

Loot rules will vary based on each guilds states rules. Any serious raiding guild has guidelines that say what the policy is.

And yes, shady leaders can take it and sell it and pocket the funds rather than actually funding the guild bank to pay out members. If your guild has no stated policy, then that’s a red flag. I wouldn’t assume it’s being stolen until you get more evidence, but it’s a possibility. Generally this only will apply classic through Kunark. Which are also prime krono farm times. So yea, hard to say but it’s not automatically a shady or dishonest thing going on. Ask the leadership.
  3. Turinbar Augur

thanks, I'll take a wait and see approach for now.
  4. Yanster Augur

We made a lot of Kronos from Kunark .
    Still feeding members every X week with Gate potions , Healing pots . We even gave every member an opportunity to claim 40K for Qvic armor if they needed help with plats .
    You need of course , trustworthy leadership .
  5. Iyacc Augur

Fairly common and while you don't have the massive coffin parties you used to need plat for back in the day, there are still expenses.
    Early on there are plenty of places to use potions but more recently we spent about 150k on Seru Bane weapons. We had the members level their blacksmithing and pay to do that but then the guild paid for the mats to actually complete the weapon, which added up quickly.
  6. jeskola pheerie

It is normal. Part of this would be to gear new members as well. Those items are guild property and should be passed back when replaced for distribution to other new members.