My Default UI is broken

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Winnowyl, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I normally use a custom UI, but I also alter it. When doing so, sometimes I end up bouncing to default UI. This is SOP.

However, any time I hit default now, my entire screen is a hotbutton. Literally. It's shaded grey, and if I right click, it gives me a menu. If I left click, it tells my guild I need a cure.

This doesn't ONLY happen when I break my custom UI. I tried loading up a UI that had nothing in it but a copy of the XTW from the default folder. (A guildie wants one slightly customized.) And what do I end up with? Asking for a cure. So I tried loading just the default UI from the default UI folder. I again asked for a cure.

Any idea what's causing this, and how to fix it? I mean, I hate the default UI with a passion, but having my entire screen reduced to a cure button is the suck.
  2. Febb Augur

Post the contents of your UIErrors.txt file.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

UIErrorLog created at Wed Apr 04 17:46:53 2018

That's it. There's no errors showing. There's no red text. My entire screen is a grey color. Turns lighter when I move my mouse to the top. Gives me a context menu when I right click. I have no idea what the issue is.

I did a full file scan and tried. No dice. I then deleted the entire Default UI folder and repatched. Still no dice.
  4. Febb Augur

It sounds like the UI file for your character got corrupted some how. Try renaming your character file aka UI_charactername_server.ini to UI_charactername_server.ini.bak and then log into the game for that character. Your UI will be all over the place but it will start off with a fresh UI character file.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

The odd thing is, it's only the default that's an issue. My custom one... all of my custom ones, actually.. load up just fine. =\ I've had custom UIs bork before, but never just the default.
  6. moogs Augur

On the character select screen, there's a checkbox or something to reset your UI to default.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Yeah - there's no way I'm hitting that box.

I ended up loading up on another character, and was able to load default UI fine. Seems to just be my main that I can't load default on. Seems weird, but hey, whatever. I don't need to edit many default files. Just one of those weird things I guess.