Compensation for damage to gameplay due to font change - request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Natal, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Logged off, comp off, went to bed, got up this morning, switched comp on, logged in, chat is fine, hot keys are fubared, everything else looks fine.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The ACLU lawyering team must be salivating at this gem of a case.

Or...

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Nennius and Zaviere like this.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

Should have made us all speak a language nobody could understand.
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. magman New Member

what the . it was freaking easter log off end spend time with your family
    Critts likes this.
  5. Sad Panda Elder

Not everyone celebrates the religious holiday that you do. It is just a normal day to many around the world.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like these types of pranks. Watching people jerk and spasm over font is classic comedy.

Well played, DBG. :)
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Natal Augur

I don't know about you guys, but I pay to play this game, and doing stupid stuff like this on a long weekend on purpose when I have some free time to play is completely unacceptable. Yay DBG for wasting my time for no good reason. I have enough problems to deal with, and then having to put up with BS that a bunch of people I AM PAYING choose to do on PURPOSE just pisses me off.

People who muck around with the UI may have been able to figure out how to fix it quickly, but I don't do that (probably most other players don't as well), so figuring out how to fix this stupid lame "joke" wasted hours of my time and had me seeing red with frustration. At the very least they could have included a MOTD with clear instructions on how to fix it, not just make changes that make the game borderline unplayable and then just leave it like that.

As I said before, doing this on purpose is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for a business that is being paid to deliver a service. Subscribers at a minimum have a right to expect professional service from the company and behaviour from it's employees. When that does not happen, there is liability involved. I insist that DBG at a very minimum refund a day's worth of subscription to the entire player base to compensate for the damages they inflicted on purpose.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Stop, you're just making us laugh harder :)
  9. TheStugots Augur

PM me your PayPal info and I’ll send you 10 days worth of compensation on DBGs behalf.

Only stipulation is you can never, ever post here again.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If Daybreak really wanted to prank us right they'd have used /font symbol
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

That's a $5 offer you just made! Act now and we'll include a free font package. ABSOLUTELY FREE!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tatanka like this.
  12. Nolrog Augur

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. EnchFWO Augur

Actually... if they really wanted to prank us they'd give the potion belt back for 1 day!
    Jhenna_BB, Nennius and Sokki like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Cruel. Deliciously cruel.
    IblisTheMage and Jhenna_BB like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Does the package include Klingon? I really need it for my next "We have no lives outside of gaming" meeting.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We ARE overdue for double rare spawns. :p
    keviin101higuys likes this.
  17. Allayna Augur

Or half lockouts.
    keviin101higuys likes this.
  18. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

just stop... please stop...
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

I for one enjoyed Daybreak's experiment to see who has the 'Type A' personality in EQ! It was brilliantly executed.

Step 1: Change Font type
    Step 2: Wait and watch forums