[Phinigel] Lack of Prophecy of Ro AoC(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Mar 6, 2018.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Sorry but no. The current problem isn't what was or wasn't implemented. It's that Daybreak refuses to communicate with us about this problem.

I work in IT. If one of my users/clients had an ongoing problem like this and I ignoring it and refusing to communicate with them on it, my would be in my manager's office in a split second and I wouldn't do anything else for work that day until I reached out to give an update, even if that update was "no news."

I'm not exaggerating or speaking in metaphors. I could cut and paste screenshots of emails we get on a regular basis emphasizing how important it is to communicate with the people we're working with, even when there is no new information to deliver.

This, again, is why my contention is this is a problem with management, not the dev team. The devs have been doing an incredible job over the last couple of years interacting with the playerbase on these forums, answering questions, acknowledging issues, commenting on perceived problems. The silence on this sticks out like a sore thumb. Someone about Prathun, Absor, etc. must have instructed them not to discuss this publicly (until a fix is in place? until they have a game plan? ever? I have no idea).

Whoever that is needs to check back into reality and recognize that's not acceptable at all. I'm more than happy to sing Daybreak's praises when they have done right (instancing raids! unlocking click from bags! load balancing zones at every level!), and I also have no problem coming to the forums and calling when it's time to hold their feet to the fire.

Stop white-knighting and acknowledge that a month of silent treatment about a big issue like this is unprofessional and, frankly, a little immature.
  2. FluttyMan Elder

Phinigel is dead. Come enjoy Coirnav, maybe phinny will get some players back with TSS. But probably not enough.
  3. Silvara Elder

Erasmus you're always one of my favorite posters to read because you stated the problem succinctly and eloquently. It really isn't acceptable that this happened, even though I suspect the reasons WHY it happened is because Phinny is probably the only TLP that is going to still have an active population by PoR. So from management's perspective, why waste resources on an anomaly server when most other TLPs will likely be dead by PoR? They assumed that players would work it out amongst themselves.

Is their logic correct? Absolutely not. Does it make sense from a business perspective? Kind of. :/
  4. Punchu Augur

What's to enjoy, the terrible exp or the one raiding guild that's gonna run off with all the krono sometime mid velious?
  5. Silvara Elder

Yeah gonna have to agree with you there, it cracks me up people are actually giving Mabbu all this krono. Dude is totally gonna peace out with the guild bank after grabbing some AoW and Sleeper loot, lol. Bet you he makes a few grand off this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

RIP this post. :eek:
  7. Astral64 Augur

You are now the third person who has yet to actually read and understand my posts made here.

Cool story though.
  8. Silvara Elder

Hi Bobby.
  9. Guzzle Augur

I don't think having keys funneled to you makes things "not the end of the world". The point is that DBG failed to provide the experience they stated this server would have. End of discussion.
  10. Astral64 Augur

I made it very clear that I believe there should have been more AoCs. However the exaggeration and dramatics in this thread are over the top. Things are not nearly as bad as everyone assumed they would be.

All of the open world key mobs but one are currently just sitting up and have been for some time. This is on day four of the expansion and the weekend. These are mobs that can easily be downed with two groups. Clearly this is not the impossible task it was made out to be.
    Zentara likes this.
  11. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Technically true! However this is a super disingenuous statement, as nobody can get into the main pick of Relic to kill any of the dragons. The ~65 players that are in the main pick are unwilling to move away from Nightshade for any length of time because your guild is trying to contest a flagging target it no longer needs.

So A for effort making it sound like everything is peachy and we all lived happily ever after, but it's really not true.
  12. Astral64 Augur

Yes, they can. There are two guilds preparing right now to zone more in, they've done it a few times.

My guild isn't officially contesting anything at the moment. There may be a small handful (around 10?) in there but I imagine they're mainly there for the show. We took a break from official raids until Monday after going hard the first two days, for the Holiday. I know they're a scary bunch but I think 50+ can handle it. If they some how do kill it I'm sure the keys will be shared, like all of our other open world kills.

That isn't what I said at all. I simply pointed out the fact that this isn't the dire server killing issue this thread made it out to be.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I know most eq players dont keep their finger on the pulse of the current state of DBG's other games, much less the gaming community as a whole. Columbus Nova/Renova Group bought DBG for potential H1Z1 profit. H1z1 battle royal mode was extremely successful, so much that they renamed the main MMO mode to another name and segregated it. Then PlayerUnknown's BattleGrounds came out, followed by Fortnite, and cannabalized the h1z1 playerbase to the tune of a loss of 90 to 95 percent of the playerbase.

When you are all chastizing the devs, please keep in mind these new developments put the very existance of eq in danger, not to mention the ability of the devs to support their families.

If i was an eq dev, i would be spending half my work hours on new job leads.

Funcom could buy eq just to keep the servers up...
    Machentoo likes this.
  14. Machentoo Augur

This is great to keep in mind. TLP players tend to assume that EQ is a big deal in the DBG universe. It's great to remember that the future of EQ may have absolutely nothing to do with what happens with EQ.
    jeskola and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  15. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

A sad but very real truth.
    jeskola likes this.
  16. Tyche Elder

EQ hasnt been a big deal since EQ2 was in development. Its the game they all wish would die but pays for their other follies. EQ2 had its own magazine and the /pizza command!

It's in the EQ's team court if they want this game to keep going or sink far enough it gets shut down. I could list all sorts of examples of the type of things that commerical companies would never think was accectable behaviour that DBG does time and again to its customers. Anyone who works and relies on sales and support knows as well.
  17. Machentoo Augur

This is kindof what I was talking about. I doubt the revenue from EQ has been paying for the development of much of anything since DBG has existed, certainly not in a significant way. Far more likely than Planetside 2 paid for most of the H1Z1 and EQ Next development.