DBG is basically holding $90 of mine hostage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LastManStanding, Mar 30, 2018.

1. LastManStanding New Member

This is just absolutely absurd. Tried paying for some DBC with my card.. order gets rejected for no given reason. So I think maybe I did something wrong.. try again.. triple checking all my info is right.. submit.. rejected again. Check my bank balance.. 2 transactions to DBG for a total of $90.00. What kind of nonsense is this? Seriously? Who's in charge of this piece of junk?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Did you try a petition for a refund of the second charge? I know they don't usually offer refunds but if its obvious that it was a double payment and you have not received services for the second payment they might work with you.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

DBG is not holding you hostage, you simply did something that you should NOT have done. Did you check that the address DBG has on file for your card is the same as what bank that generated the card has? And WHY would you double tap when the first charge did not go through? Being physically at the swipe machine is one thing, but online, never, ever do that. Consumers, try to protect them and they still do silly things then attempts to place the blame elsewhere. And, if you made some more attempts your bank would have likely locked your card to prevent future usage if it raised a red flag due to the multiple attempts, just FYI.

Those are pending charges. DBG sent request to see if funds would clear, they received approval as well as the billing address the bank has on file. Billing address bank provided did not match address DBG has so DBG has not sent request to settle charge. After 3-5 days your bank will clear up the pending charges after not receiving settlement response. And no, merchant - third party regional banking controller - bank itself do not by default send a release response.

And yes, it is not Merchant to Bank and Bank to Merchant, there is a middle man there. US has, hmm last time I checked, 12 regional banking controllers (ACH/RBC) where transactions are processed through.

And the address verification is to help prevent fraud. Many years ago SOE did not have that particular verification step in place. It cost the credit card companies tons on waiving those fraud charges, which eventually SOE was fined millions of dollars from Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover.

And in the future, do NOT double tap that button on ANY site. If it did not go through the first time 99% of the time it will not go through the second time, which then you will have to wait several days for the pending transactions to be cleared up and released by your bank. AND...if you force your bank to get involved to do it sooner... they may very well put a flag up to prevent future transactions from going through, leaving you there clicking away trying to get a charge to go through that particular website....
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This was in issue during the last year - sometimes when buying dbc or renewing a subscription you would get an error at final screen but the charge did go thru but people would not just close out of everything and go check credit card or log back in and see if dbc was applied to account instead they just kept clicking again and again - I think one guy did it like 40 times and got 40 charges.. Just don't do a chargeback or that might ban your account. Send a nice polite petition explaining and they should refund one of the charges. They have for others. But asking politely means not referring to them as "those who are in charge of this piece of junk" to refund.
    Sarkaukar likes this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

Amazing how many people don't get this.
  6. Roxxlyy Augur

Put in a ticket with customer support (help.daybreakgames.com) and they'll be able to get this taken care of no problem.
    svann, moogs and Sarkaukar like this.