Falsely Banned

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Iksarbane, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Iksarbane New Member

Just this morning I recieved an email saying my other account was banned for gold selling. I filed a petition but only got back a stock message that was of no help at all. I have never sold anything for RL money, gold, plat or otherwise, I don't care to deal with the hassle of selling anything in EQ, not even ingame (until the Bazaar opens on TLP servers).

Meanwhile, there are large groups, even full guilds, of known botters, M-Q-2 users, RMT sellers and other unwanted types running rampant, and Daybreak does NOTHING about them! How long have the currencyoffer people been spamming every channel on every server, with nothing done? They havent even TRIED to block the spam from those people, and it's not like they use a different website each time, it's always the same!

It is ridiculous that they ban innocent players who have never done anything against the rules, while letting those who are known cheaters and RMTers continue to "play" uninterrupted!
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Sounds really odd. Would be strange that this would happen for no reason what so ever. Possibly someone falsely accused you? You didn't purchase the account from a 3rd party site? Not accusing, just trying to figure out what may have set off a red flag.
  3. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

That's unfortunate. I hope you get your account back soon because I'm almost broke again and need to buy another 10 mil if you have it.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Is it possible someone knows your account name and PW? If you truly are innocent as you claim this could explain things. If someone logged in under your account and did something against the rules you will be the one who gets punished unfortunately. Not saying its right but just a possibility.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There are also false positives. Good luck convincing CS of that!
  6. Ghubuk Augur

Not sure this type of thing is something that is an automatic flag thing. Or if it is, I can't imagine how that would even work. Would seem to me that they were looking at the person for a reason.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sometimes I am blonde but I had to look up what RMT was/is and I have been playing this game many years. But I guess its the company you keep that one would know the slang for something that another person would not. I found this as a good explanation: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/whats-the-deal-with-rmt.220629/

You know now that you mention it I have not seen a spam for anyone selling plat on Tunare in quite some time - at least a year, maybe longer. And the chase loot cross server WTS/WTB have dropped off to about 1 a day. But you say for selling gold? That is an odd way to phrase it since plat and krono are the biggies in EQ. I would like to see the wording on that email. Also you said you received an email saying your other account was banned for gold selling - I have also never gotten email on one account saying anything about the other account. Always get separate emails. Even to same email address. Anyway the whole thing sounds really off. But you play on the tlp servers so that is prob the answer.
  8. Nolrog Augur

The way I understand it, is that there is something automated that flags a character based on certain activity that could be suspicious, and then based on this account being flagged, a person reviews things to see if there was anything against the EULA. I am not sure if they put in any automated banning. I don't think they do but they may have added something automated.
  9. Kitekat New Member

There are people trying to hack accounts. If you have a very short password then that can happen. I had mine banned for several reasons, one which DGB didn't told me but I saw it when login: a message with 911 tries of wrong passwords - they were unsuccessful because my password is very long. But it needed me nearly a month to get that account back and I lost nearly half the time Gold Status because the support was so crude and slow.

The handling with that at DGB sucks really...
    Canceled all my accounts and quitted Gold status for good. They don't deserve money for that bad service.

As long as DGB has such a bad support, bad servers for Europe (AB), bad bugs and unplayable missions for casuals - even the anniversary for this year are partly a joke, it makes no sense anymore to play on a life server for Gold Status and money. Silver or Free is not really worse - everything which works in Gold, works in Silver/Free too (and I mean quests/progressions). If Gold would be really so good that missions of RoS or actual stuff is playable by a non-raider then that would be a reason to start Gold again. But they cut themselves with this crappy design. This game is a raiders game meanwhile. And even if you pay you don't get what you paid for. This seems typical for US companies - DGB is not the only one.

My rogue even zoned into bazaar and arrived with complete empty bank slots, empty bags and naked and after rezoning the stuff was back but still the Veteran Rewards are missing despite he is flagged for them but cannot use them or get them again - these bugs are really a joke. Guildhall stuff from all members who installed interior has been disappeared. I still don't have them back. I will see how long the answer for this petition will be. There was no month since RoS without a petition.

This game sucks meanwhile... I am very disappointed about that - so I feel with you...
  10. Iksarbane New Member

I got the account back. The last message from Daybreak said the game font caused confusion, and that the reported character's name started with an I instead of an L. Don't know if I buy it, but at least I can play my mage on Coirnav again.

@Sam Hyde, thank you so much for the laugh, I really needed it.

If you haven't seen the spam from those people, either you are lucky, they don't care about Live, or you don't log into the general channels. They have been spamming all the General channels on every TLP I have played since Ragefire. As for the email, it was not sent to my game account, it was sent to my real email. If you have a banned account you can not log into any of Daybreak's services with it, not just games.
  11. Derd Augur

So they told you what happened but of course you don't believe them. And you got the account reinstated in less than a day, that's awfully good customer service. I can see why you wouldn't want to actually say so...

As to the email, I think he was referring to the way you worded your op saying
    "Just this morning I recieved an email saying my other account"
    which could easily be taken as, you got an email on one account saying that the other account had been banned. Not that it came via in game messaging.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

WTB good font for the letters L I R and N
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Metanis like this.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Comic Sans