Race Change scroll, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dewey, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Dewey Augur

So I am curious to those out there. How does this work?
    I am thinking of changing the race/religion of a couple of toons so that fletching is easier. The cleric is a halfing, I think I can change that to karana for a god. Then I could get fletching easily to 300.
    The other is a barb war, so I could change that to a halfling karana maybe and then make fletching easily and level up the fletching trophy as well. (I like the halflings for the extra xp bonus)
    My main character is already done with fletching, but wanted an easier route than just farming. So please include your input on how the race change/ diety change worked for you. I am interested in what I could lose.
    Thanks
  2. Bigstomp Augur

My cleric went from high elf to gnome (I needed a tinker) - some of my faction went odd (I was kos in ak-anon) but otherwise it worked fine.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Just out of curiosity what is the fletching pathway you are planning to use? Fletching can be done via vendor combines until roughly 278ish if I recall. Its just that last push that you will need mob drop items. If you have tons of free DBG cash saved up and are just looking to burn it than by all means this might be worth it but if you are going to spend real money I would consider just buying a krono, selling it and buying as much tainted feathers/animal fear bones as possible assuming you don't have the in game plat to just buy them. If you can mass farm in shards landing you could get enough in a night of killing (depending on your kill rate obviously) to max one toon out plus you will get some other items needed if you want to evolve your artisans prize.
  4. Dewey Augur

Thank you. I'll probably try this.
  5. Rhaage Augur

It resets your base stats to the default for that race / class combo, which is probably not really important but being aware that it happens may matter to some.

you didn't say what level you are at but there have been instances where the post 85 ish spellbook gets wiped out, it may have been fixed and if it happens you can typically petition to be reimbursed for buying the rank 1's of what you lost. I have 0 information about petitioning for rank 2's or 3's.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

The only race you need to change to is dwarf. Maybe Iksar if you are wanting to go evil, but definitely dwarf for anything else.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The Draught of the Craftsman is also $25- same price as race change scroll- and with that if you get all your mats together would allow you to achieve your wanted skill in fetching. Keep in mind that if you change your cleric/shaman or others deitys that can imbue certain gems then that also gets changed.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  8. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

not including Tinkering for Gnome/Alch for shamans/posionmaking for rogues.

You can get pretty much every tradeskill to 300 with very little work from bazaar items.
    I got everything to 300 in 2 days, excluding tinkering/alch causing my class/race does not support it.

you can find easier recipes where you only need to farm one item or bazaar one item while rest are vender bought. getting to 300 is super easy,,, 350.. not so