Is Coirnav the server of choice if I missed out on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Memnarch, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Memnarch New Member

I primarily played on Agnarr/p99 but i've been extremely curious about expansions beyond LDoN (where I stopped on live). I've heard a lot of nice things about GoD raid stuff and i'm not really that excited that Agnarr will stop at PoP. What's the verdict?
  2. Lantherion Elder

Depends, while it is indeed the newest tlp server is has a really rough exp rate and once the anniversary event ends the exp will only get worse but if your pretty hardcore and can play a lot then check it out. On another note the population is only about half of what the agnarr launch had, so be warned the server may not be very active once the exp event ends and/or kunark launches.

TLDR: if you want a fresh realm that has a lot of grouping going on then def check it out, personally i don't see a future for the server so im waiting till the next GOOD tlp that comes out.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  3. Communist Puppy Augur

Id try to go to phinigel honestly. Unless you are looking for an ultra casual pace, coirnav is kinda just the class-velious then quit crowd. They were around on coirnav, agnarr, and phinigel, soon as the next progression server comes out or the server progresses and theyll be gone again. Problem is the majority of the people who want to play past LDoN are on phinigel already with no intention of leaving.
    Xanumbik and Lantherion like this.
  4. Sillyfish Elder

I completely disagree with both these people, and I'm playing the server actively on my 25 druid whereas Lantherion definitely is not, and I doubt COmmunist Puppy is either.

The server is active, there's no doubt about it. They say there's less people than Agnarr, but that's because Agnarr had the biggest population on it to date. Coirnav still has more people than Phinigel does, so any argument about people leaving Coirnav defeats itself.

I'm having a ton of fun. I'm in an Asian/Oceanic/Australian guild, which is ALWAYS the smallest percentage of players, and we have like 15-20 people on all the time.

Numbers might go down a bit when the exp event ends, but I personally just think people will not be as hardcore about leveling ALL THE TIME as we are right now. We're trying to take advantage of the bonus, which is fine.

I seriously recommend Coirnav. I have had very little problems with toxic people and have had NO problems with boxed groups so far.

The forums are EXTREMELY toxic against Coirnav, so take any negative reports with a bucket of salt because they're not giving an accurate portrayal of the server.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Phinny is great and healthy, but you'd be skipping about 3 and a half expansions worth of cool raiding compared to where you left off before (LDoN). GoD, OoW, and DoDH are all great raiding expansions. And DoN, well, uhhh it has one cool event! If you can level up to 70 and starting raiding soon (in the next few weeks) then everyone will still be doing Demi-Plane, so you'd really only miss out on Gates/Omens content.

If seeing Gates/Omens content is important to you, Coirnav is your best bet for now, but it will be a while to get to anything new for you. If you'd rather jump into something new right away, go for Phinigel. Phinigel is launching PoR in 2 days. That's followed 8 weeks later by TSS, widely considered one of the best expansions ever.
  6. Lankie Augur

Actually, you can start Phinny now and you can raid PoP GoD Omens content without even needing a guild. So you didn't miss anything. There are weekly pick up raids (money raid) lead by Darkwind I believe. All loot is auctioned via plat bids and the money is split to the entire raid at the end. My friend got like 1 krono worth of plat Saturday.

It's an easy way to raid older content, pick up some upgrades and make a lot of money.

Even if you buy some items, you might still make a profit at the end, some of the top loot went for over 100k plat lol. Other items were 100 plat.

PoTime might be old on Phinny, but even the best geared players on the server throw multiple Krono at clicky items they don't have. Shaman slow stick is popular, Quarm overhaste clicky etc. I don't think these raids will ever stop.

So you can start Phinny and raid the content in a couple of weeks after levelling, or start Coirnav and wait 3 years until the content unlocks, lol.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I did forget about the plat raids! I think that is Last of the Ancients hosting those - or maybe more than one guild does them separately, I dunno. I don't think anyone is raiding Anguish without a guild, but certainly Plane of Time, Tacvi, and MPG raid trials. :)
  8. indirect New Member

Does "Daybreak" really not care if people talk about P99 here? You'd think that would be kinda against the ToS.
  9. Coirnav Augur

They announced a partnership with them back when ragefire/lockjaw were announced i think? Maybe it was phinny launch not sure. P99 actually pushed back their velious launch to accommodate daybreak's new TLP release.
  10. slayerofbats Augur

Just get on Coirnav now and enjoy yourself. Life is too short. They will release new servers and some players will jump to the new one, but previous ones will always have their fans. Maybe some day they will learn how to release servers that don't cannibalize each other.
  11. FluttyMan Elder

12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav had a lot of nothing unique going for it. But it is the newest. If you want a quick fix coirnav is it. But really the long term health of coirnav is probably the most bleak. When the next tlp comes out (i estimate later this year) coirnav will probably have less people than Phinny, and no reason to join.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Coirnav had a lot of nothing unique going for it. But it is the newest. If you want a quick fix coirnav is it. But really the long term health of coirnav is probably the most bleak. When the next tlp comes out (i estimate later this year) coirnav will probably have less people than Phinny, and no reason to join.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  14. Catashe Augur

Well of course Coirnav currently has a higher population than Phinny and the other TLPs.. where do you think all that population came from? Its all RF/LJ, Phinny, Agnarr players who are currently bored with nothing to do but log in on raid nights to raid and are either looking for something to do or looking for super easy kronos... Coirnavs pop will honestly be judged once you move out of classic/kunark(where the most of the droppable krono gear is) and move to later expansions and/or the other TLPs move into a new expansion especially one with a cap increase.. Personally I'm expecting and/or hoping the there will be a big influx of returning chars when TSS comes out on phinny(cause F PoR)
  15. TeeEHLpee Augur

If your looking for a super slow exp rate, this is the place for you. Depending on your amount of play, it will take you weeks to level up. So dont get use to that Agnarr exp rate, you will be sadly disappointed.
  16. Gremin Augur

Come on over to LJ if you want to see beyond LDoN. Can easily catch up.
    Adrienna likes this.
  17. Stagentti Augur

Would just try to catch up on Phinny to be honest.

Will be a long, long time before Coirnav reaches those expansions and who knows what the population will be like at that point.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  18. snailish Augur

If you are a limited play time casual player the default XP rate on Coirnav will frustrate you.

Unless you like long effort at leveling, aka a "more authentic classic experience".

Guilding up and/or or grouping heavily alleviates this a bit, soloing will increase the timeframe to xp.

A truly tweaked for casuals progression server would actually have a really fast XP rate. Length of expac eras is debatable in this context -longer eras bores the more serious raiding guilds, but then if it is aimed at "really casual" you probably can go a bit past the 3 month "sweet" spot they seem to have found more most content.

[aka Ragefire's ruleset with truebox and no voting would probably have a larger than Coirnav population over time, especially if it had agents of change]
  19. Crayon123 Augur

Have to agree with this, tempted to revisit my old toons again. Coirnav is a joke.
  20. jiri_ Augur

Coirnav is a bit slower than Phinny, but Phinny's population is much more top-heavy.
  21. Lumiens Augur

The population will die. Other than MiM, all your core TLP players are still on Phinny, Lockjaw, Ragefire and Agnarr. There is only so many people that play EQ TLPs, each time they open a new server the majority of the player base has already been playing on other TLPs (other than Agnarr which pulled in a lot of returning people and P99 people for the 1st time.