Common conversations with friends Subject : Leaving coirnav because of exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cynosis, Mar 26, 2018.

1. cynosis New Member

So is there something in the works with this? All of us were talking on discord, 10+ people, all of us are lvl 45+ and have absolutely no desire to level alts simply because of the exp. on the flipside of the coin, we feel agnarr will dry up a few weeks after PoP is released. Cut our losses and wait for next server?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

You knew this was coming.

If you have dudes on agnarr, ride the pop wave.

Then save your enthusiasm for a tlp that's worth paying on. Grinding juggs for 2 months ans socking a vp ground spawn isnt that alluring as it is...
    TimeBreak likes this.
  3. Kazuma the guy New Member

Hooden if you spent as much effort playing the game as you do complaining about coirnav, you'd be 50.
  4. Lantherion Elder

Give it a few weeks and let the devs see how many people quit playing coirnav because of the exp rate and they will change it. A few of us are holding out and seeing if they do indeed change it because we would like to play just don't want to spend 40 hours a week grinding exp.
  5. Trevalon Augur

If they upped the EXP to Agnarr levels on Coirnav I would play there in a heartbeat after Agnarr ends, but as it is I will go back to Phinny before I go to Coirnav
    Niskin likes this.
  6. discordkitty Augur

I already packed it in on Coirnav and went back to Agnarr. Got to level 20 and decided I didn't want to continue especially after the XP bonus was gone. I'll enjoy myself on Agnarr and keep a watch for a new TLP that I'll actually want to play on with an Agnarr XP rate that will go past PoP. I came back to paid EQ because of the PoP locked server being a huge draw. Then I realized a lot of the AXPs that I loved are GoD and OoW.
  7. Lumiens Augur

GM told me he would refund my Broker's bag on Corinav if I deleted all of my characters there.

Done!
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're veing quite presumptious, aren't you?
  9. Crayon123 Augur

We've seen probably 30-40% attrition in our pre-made guild after only a week AND the XP 'bonus' is still active. This server is gonna be a rude awakening to the development team a month or two down the road.

Time to find something else to do in the mean time.
    TimeBreak likes this.
  10. Gremin Augur

I did some research to up my kronor count and liquidated today, back on LJ fully.
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

Just wait until December or March when the next TLP opens up.
    RandomStrategy and discordkitty like this.
  12. Critt Augur

I have seen quite a few people drop off and it is a little disconcerting to think that we may well end with an unsustainable population. I think Phinni was such a success because at the time it was the only truebox with instanced raiding available so people stuck it out. The existence of Agnarr has people running back for that fast xp, but once pop releases and is spent some will gravitate back to Coirnav just in time for kunark or velious... Honestly if you think Coirnav xp is bad you never played during hell levels and the like, I am by no means hardcore and made it to 47 in a little over a week that didn't happen back in the day not for someone who wasn't hardcore lol.... I would be fine if they made the xp faster if it meant more people playing though.
  13. discordkitty Augur

Oh trust me I played during hell levels, I've played since 1999, but Coirnav is still made of . There's no reason to do that in this day and age. Maybe I am currently spoiled a bit by Agnarr XP rates, but even P99 and R99 are better XP than Coirnav - I played there prior to returning to paid EQ for the Agnarr server. I wasted a week on Coirnav and I refuse to waste any more time there. Give me a TLP with Agnarr XP rates and expansion unlocks until it reaches live and I will be there to experience it from Classic onwards. I want a new TLP that will do that, but not with a Coirnav XP rate. I've suffered through 59 in Howling Stones back in Kunark. I don't want to suffer another hell level almost 20 years later - never mind and overall slow XP rate. We should be beyond that in this day and age. I have less time to play games and I want that time to have more impact. I've spent my time poop socking, now I want to spend it having fun and advancing.
    Tsar, TeeEHLpee and Critt like this.
  14. Karanthal Augur

Played to level 10ish and went back to Agnarr. I never really wanted a PoP locked server, Agnarr just happened to be one that came out when I was ready to play again. I just don't have play the time for Coirnav XP speed.

EQ used to be about the journey, "back in the day" I would spend hours helping guild mates out with quests or doing lower level dungeons that maybe didn't even give xp anymore. I started my first char with the release of Kunark, I didn't hit level 60 until just after PoP was released, but that didn't matter, I didn't feel like I was missing out or being left behind. TLPs on the other hand are all about getting to max level ASAP then you can have some fun doing raids before the next expansion releases or population moves on to the next TLP. Slow xp just doesn't fit with this new play style for many people.
    Critt likes this.
  15. Critt Augur

You make a valid point, with 12 week unlocks, slow xp does seem counter productive for people wanting to experience content in era. unfortunately I think slow xp is part of their business plan to boost xp potion sales and the like. It's really kind of short sighted if you have 10 people who are willing to stick it out on a slow xp server you may have maybe 60 or 70% who are willing to buy potions...If you have 100 people willing to play on a fast xp server even if you only have 20% willing to buy xp pots it's still more than the first scenario. I think who ever is making the business decisions has failed at figuring the odds.
    ElaidaTL likes this.
  16. discordkitty Augur

I used my free 500 dbc a month to get xp pots on Coirnav at launch via /claim. I didn't use them, I was going to save them for the 45-50 stretch. After getting 20 and realizing how much XP would suck, I decided to cut my losses and go back to Agnarr. I would never spend money buying XP pots on a server like Coirnav, though I'm sure many did - whatever. It's not the server for me and I hope the future holds an agnarr xp-rate server that unlocks until it catches up to live.
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Umm, yes, 47 in a little over a week with the Coirnav exp rate IS hardcore. How many hours did you play, or maybe I should rephrase, how many hours did you sleep?

I played in 1999, I slogged through hell levels on multiple characters. Coirnav's exp is still slow, not slower than the old days, just slow. I have less time now, and the expansion packs come quicker. Agnarr's exp rate is the bare minimum for me to play on any server ever again. And I don't need it to be any faster than Agnarr either, it's just a good rate in general.
    Risiko, Critt and TeeEHLpee like this.
  18. Death Strudel Augur

A question I've asked myself a lot since Coirnav was announced. It seemed doomed from the start, but it had the added benefit of also increasing the atrophy of Agnarr.

Phinigel is still the best choice if you want to play, and while it is another "slow xp" server, if you look carefully you will see the XP/kill there is higher than agnarr right now, thanks to the GoD xp bump. So it's actually not a terrible server to start on. If you're in to boxing LJ/RF are nice, RF seems pretty active.

Personally, I hope once they fix their transfer back-end that they allow agnarr->Phinny. It's not exactly what I want in a perfect world, but it is the best of bad options. The only risk is that PoR is right now destined to ruin Phinny, so it's perhaps another month of waiting to see if the guilds ruin each other in the great pissing contest that is zone contests.
  19. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

Getting max level isnt a right. Not everyone hit max level in classic eq before kunark. Everyone just wants everything handed to them, oh i'm only level 10 not 50, takes too long, give me 50 or I quit.
  20. jiri_ Augur

The Coirnav xp posts never cease to amaze me. We went through this with Phinny and the XP rates didn't get changed. They're not going to get changed now. Less than a week after the server launched, people were raiding.

Look, a big part of playing on TLP servers is recreating the journey. Playing with Live xp trivializes that completely.