Fixing VP faction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Candaan, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Candaan New Member

Fixing faction should be a time sink, and not something as easy as it was prior to the patch by clearing grey con mobs in Castle Mistmore.

We've always had the ability to correct faction, but we have no way of fixing ROS Denizens of VP (VP faction).

Recommend EOK Kor'Sha Lab mobs yield +1 VP faction point for each mob in zone killed.

Killing 500 mobs in the Lab to fix 1 named kill in VP would be a major time sink (not to mention the mobs that have to be cleared), and not something used to just farm the zone, but it would provide a path of correcting faction.

It could be other EOK trash mobs, just thinking of a zone similar to Mistmore in the EOK expansion.
  2. EnchFWO Augur

While I totally agree that the way they handled this faction change was exceptionally stupid, this is not remotely true. There have been one-way factions in EQ since forever. Does that make sense? Not really. But that's the design decision they went with.

Regardless, there should have been options either way for VP faction and the insane -500 hits (even -100 per mob) are stupid. All anyone needs is a non-KOS mage bot and you still accomplish the same except for the annoyance of running a box/friend who can't participate.
  3. Kolani Augur

As Ench pointed out, there are one way factions going back a long time. Tunare for one.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  4. Bumkus Elder

There is a locked faction potion on the marketplace for 300 DB points. this would be extraordinarily helpful to anyone doing Partisan/Merc tasks in VP, if they are able to use it before trashing faction there
    Gundolin likes this.
  5. Dreadmore Augur

What do the VP denizens have against the Kor'sha lab mobs?
  6. Kolani Augur

Dragons hate the Sathirs. Kor'Sha is Ganak's daddy's lab.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  7. segap Augur

Between this thread and the one wanting to set camp fires with just one person, I'm convinced people don't actually want to play a game. They just want to click a button and get whatever they want handed to them.
    Sheex and feeltheburn like this.
  8. Gundolin Augur

Farming 500 mobs in Labs to off set the faction from one named kill in VP doesn't really seem like "just clicking a button and having whatever you want to be handed to you". But maybe you clear the zone much faster than I do.
    svann likes this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

Get a solid group, clear your way through VP, and stop worrying about the faction hits. VP was meant to be hard to get around, not just walk from name to name without a care and farming them. If you are in with a solid group, you can still move around quite well while killing stuff getting from name to name. If you are that hard up, get a mage in there that won't kill anything that can CotH everyone around. Get creative...there is more than one way to skin a dragon.
  10. segap Augur

It's wanting to go mass kill in a trivial zone to make another zone beyond trivial. Possibly even by afk factioning in that trivial zone.
  11. Mezz Lorekeeper

Ok, either remove see invis mobs or mobs that cannot be mezzed, and we won't complain about the faction problem. As it stands now, there is no way to effectively move a group around the zone except clearing it. Only zone in expansion, or many expansions for that matter, where that is true.
  12. segap Augur

Oh my! You have to kill stuff to progress through a zone? What a tragedy.
  13. Gundolin Augur

Labs is a trivial zone now?
  14. Imak Augur

Plowing through a dungeon is the intention. Old School says Hi ~!
  15. Thraine Augur

why kill 500+ mobs just to get past 40? how does this even make sense?

IF you could fix the faction, and move through VP, you would destroy it by killing the named you went after. Then what? back to lab for another 3 weeks of grinding just to bypass 40 more mobs? lol
  16. segap Augur

Labs was easy at 105. At 110 it's trivial. A few parts might be a bit more difficult if you haven't done progression...
  17. Gundolin Augur

I don't think VP is any harder at 110 than Labs was at 105. If Labs is trivial to you, I can't see why you would care to fix your faction.
  18. Cloudia Augur

He doesn't. he just wants to keep it an exclusive "club" where only the really cool kids can play.
    There I tossed out my handful of troll chow.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

There is nothing "exclusive club" about it. I don't know how long you have been playing, but back when the original Kunark expansion came out, places like Old Seb was dotted with see invis mobs and such. Plus, the zone out wasn't where the zone in was...it was deep in the zone. You either had to bring a porter with you, or fight to the zone out. On top of that, there were no campfires to pop down so you could go back to PoK for buffs and whatnot, or come back in if you wiped to where you were camping. You died, you fought back in.

Just get a solid group together, and clear through it. Sure, it is tedious. Sure, it may seem a waste of time. Sure, you may want to sit back and relax and sip that whiskey (or whatever you sip) in between name kills, but this zone wasn't designed to be that way.
  20. Triconix Augur

People always drool over nostalgia and long for the old days. They flood progression servers to get that vanilla EQ fix.

Devs create content that favors a more old school feel and the community whines about it being annoying and hard. I'll never understand.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.