My thoughts on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Critt, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Critt Augur

First off I'm having a blast playing with my guild and meeting some of the new people I've met, main reason I love EQ. I will say this time around though it feels like this server is very krono focused maybe I was oblivious on phinny but I don't remember people going so hard on krono at first there.

The population after a little less than a week doesn't seem nearly as high as phinny either. I don't mind the xp rate but I do think it is having a negative impact on people deciding to play an stay. What does the lower xp rate really achieve? We are less than a week in and already there are many level 50's and high 40's so if slowing the player base down is the point it's not very effective, but if lowering the player base is the aim then I'd say you are spot on.

I do notice many more boxers than I remember being on phinny as well so not sure if there is something new out there or if DBG just isn't watching but there are plenty of obvious examples.

I don't plan to stop playing but it will be a real shame if this server ends up being nothing but krono farmers and a few guilds that actually play to have fun. Just my 2cp
    Lantherion likes this.
  2. Soon Augur

Krono farmer will be active until Velious as always.
  3. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Is ancient monk technique call "Way of Money", learn from gnome monk.

Best solution is technique call "Follow the Money", and counter. Slow xp sell pot, sell krono. Do not be fooled.
    Critt likes this.
  4. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

The slow xp killed it 100% for me. I could live with the boxers and everything else but being held back for no real reason with slow xp ( especially playing a necro ) was the down fall. I don't even want to imagine what 50-60 will be like in kunark without the bonus xp.
  5. Sonyeq Journeyman

I played on Ragefire, Phinny and Agnarr and now Corinav at launch. There is tons more 6 boxers here than I've seen previously. Phinny really didn't seem to have enough for it to even be noticeable.

I guess it's yet to be determined, but the only two established guilds right now that stand out at all to me is Relentless Insomnia and MIM. I'm sure others will pop up, but it felt like initially on Phinny and Agnarr you had a dozen or more guilds that really had it together from launch.
    Critt likes this.
  6. Critt Augur

Hopefully things improve or the out of guild play prospects are going to be slim...
  7. Stagentti Augur

Why a new thread?

There are like 100 already with people sharing their experiences.
  8. Critt Augur

Because the point of my post is from the perspective of someone who doesn't mind the xp rate or any of the other 20 things that people are complaining about and yet I'm not looking at the server with rose colored glasses I can see where we are headed and maybe just maybe a middle of the road post might garner some attention.... and lastly because I can
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  9. Stagentti Augur

All of that fits right in with the topic of multiple other threads.

But you do you. Have fun.
  10. welly321 Elder

Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that Coirnav would turn out to be a boxer fest? It was opened as a cash grab and anyone thinking about legitimately playing on Coirnav is mentally ill.
    Death Strudel and Snoop like this.
  11. Critt Augur

I wouldn't say it's a boxer fest....I have seen more single players doing their own thing then I have boxers. I was just saying that I am noticing more of them on this new server than I did on Phinny. People that box in of themselves aren't a problem in my opinion it's the ones who like to horde spawns and steam roll others that are an issue and let's be honest I've seen plenty of people do that without boxing a single additional toon lol
  12. jiri_ Augur

There've been quite a few call-outs in general chat, which is nice.