Launcher won't patch/crashes after 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IronDr4g0n, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Aenlaasu New Member

Same problem - tried resetting router, getting new IP from provider etc - Tried multiple computers.

Tracert:
    Tracing route to everquest.com [64.37.171.44]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.1]
    2 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms gw18-no193.tbcn.telia.com [81.224.87.1]
    3 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms fre-peer4-link.se.telia.net [81.228.86.41]
    4 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms s-b5-link.telia.net [62.115.114.20]
    5 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms s-bb4-link.telia.net [80.91.253.226]
    6 16 ms 11 ms 10 ms kbn-bb4-link.telia.net [62.115.120.50]
    7 19 ms 11 ms 12 ms kbn-b3-link.telia.net [62.115.114.69]
    8 11 ms 11 ms 37 ms ae0.cr0-cph1.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.73.113]
    9 183 ms 183 ms 183 ms xe-8-3-0.cr0-las1.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.130.221]
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
  2. Xible New Member

Bump. Now seems like a bunch of people having this problem. Still no response to thread or ticket...
  3. Xible New Member

Update:

ISP seems to not be the issue.

I took both laptops to a friends place, to see if it was specific to my connection. No change in the issue. And I have firewalls turned off just in case.

So back to square 1. Launchpad still crashes after 30 secs on both laptops after sitting at 0% download. I've done every troubleshooting step I can find on the help site or forums.

Frustrated and now 3rd day after launch and a number of people are having the same exact issue.

It would be great if support would ever get back to us, in this thread or tickets.
  4. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Same here. I took my PC and my laptop over to my neighbors, still the same problem.

I don't buy that it's my computer, seeing as all 3 computers in my house have the same problem. ISP says it's nothing on their end. I don't buy that either. I have a feeling daybreak isn't going to know what to do either if they ever respond. Might be time to try and get a refund. Really disappointing. I wouldn't care so much if p99 would go to PoP IF they ever launch green server. Don't see that happening though. RIP Evercrack, my first love
  5. stablejester New Member

I was fine last night. Now all I'm getting is this when I load the launcher from Steam.

"LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit https://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance.
    (4-0)
  6. Yruc Augur

7. Xible New Member

I'm gonna go full stupid and wipe/system restore (yeah, I really want to play). The only thing I can think of is corrupt old EQ files or registry items blocking the patcher, even after deleting the EQ folder. Ive eliminated pretty much everything else, and at this point i dont expect an answer from DB. I'll update later tonight to let you know if it works.
  8. Blackburrow23 Elder

I had a problem a few weeks ago similar but not the same to this. I was able to log on and load in to a character but i would receive a very large amount of server lag. When i would click a ability it would take almost a minute before anything happened in game. When i would zone, it would take over a 3 minutes to complete or time out completely. It happened on my laptop and desktop. I even was able to obtain a new IP from my ISP and it would still fail. I went ahead and did a traceroute like what you have above to daybreakgames.com and at the 11th stop it would time out or take over 300 ms before going forward.

To trouble shoot i downloaded Tunnel Bear desktop VPN and loaded myself into colorado and did a traceroute and it went to daybreakgames.com perfectly. I logged in and was able to play with absolutely no problems. Unfortunately, playing on a VPN is frowned upon because it appears you are trying to circumvent or hide your IP for some reason and Daybreak management will ban you for using a VPN especially on TLP servers (they may think you are trying to play through a VM using a VPN to hide the VM's IP address and box using 1 pc on a truebox server). Anywho, since the traceroute was being broken at a level 3 hop somewhere in nevada there was absolutely nothing i could do about it other than wait for whatever company that owned that machine to fix its problem which they did and i play fine now.

Edit: FYI, Everquest.com may not work for traceroute. I just did one and below are the results but i did delete the closer hops
    Tracing route to everquest.com [64.37.171.44]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 7 ms <1 ms Linksys08404 [192.168.1.1]
    2 5 ms 12 ms 3 ms
    3 3 ms 13 ms 4 ms
    4 6 ms 6 ms 4 ms
    5 12 ms 18 ms 13 ms
    6 11 ms 7 ms 8 ms
    7 7 ms 11 ms 7 ms
    8 45 ms 40 ms 43 ms xe-8-2-0.cr0-las1.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.130.217]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 * * * Request timed out.
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 * * * Request timed out.
    18 * * * Request timed out.
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.
    IronDr4g0n likes this.
  9. deadheartt New Member

I'm in same boat... I went to do a full re install after some crashing in game issues yesterday.
    Deleted EQ from its folder since the uninstall didnt work, went to re install it. Got to the launcher, it loaded about 10m of the 10092m or so required. then crashed.
    I have done everything on their little help desk thing. put in a ticket. no response... ive verified that the permissions on the folder i am installing to are correct, that my antivirus is not only off but installed also. nothing has worked so far... threw my own thread on the forum before i saw this...
    Mine appears to start downloading the atlas/default zone folder then crashes. there is a pic of that in my thread.
  10. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Ok so I never thought to try a VPN. Game is patching just fine while connected to a VPN. Hopefully I don't need it for anything other than the patcher. I will post again after the game downloads! Fingers crossed!!
  11. Xible New Member

What's the easiest way to access a VPN (for a mostly non tech person like myself). If that would work, we can bypass the launcher. Just need the download, then can play on the regular connection. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I understand the intention here is just a workaround for a screwy patcher and not cheating at all. But isn't it against the rules to utilize a vpn?
  13. Xible New Member

The question is specifically about using a VPN to download the game. After that point it is easy to launch the game from my home connection by bypassing the launcher (Not playing on the VPN).

I believe you are referring to playing on a VPN, which I understand is against the TOS, but was never part of the discussion. Nothing against the rules being discussed. Just trying to figure out how to deal with a problem DBG won't respond to.

But if anyone could suggest a free VPN to do a download from and not use again, it would be much appreciated.
    IronDr4g0n likes this.
  14. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

https://secure.proxpn.com

this is the FREE vpn i use, you can connect to chicago free of charge. It worked like a charm. I was able to patch the game. Then I turned the VPN off and logged in without issue. I'm finally playing!! Feel free to send me a tell once you get in. IGN is Alexina. I feel like after all this crap we should group up lol
  15. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Also, I recommend downloading the game on steam first with your regular internet connection. You will get most of the files quickly that way, then you can patch it with the VPN. Took me all of 30 minutes.

If you go the traditional route you'll be stuck patching 10 gigs with a slow VPN connecttion, so for our situation steam is definitely the better option.
  16. Xible New Member

This is awesome. Thanks so much. I'm dl'ing on steam now and will do the vpn part next. So glad it worked out. I'll update as to whether it works for me too. Did you have to bypass the launcher?

And absolutely, look up Xible or Rhone. Those will be the names once i'm in. Crossing fingers! Thanks again.
  17. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Nope, I didn't have to bypass the launcher =) Looking forward to seeing you in game
  18. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Also as far as WHY this was happening to us
    This was happening to me as well. I called my uncle who is the head IT guy of a billion dollar company (not kidding) and he confirmed that we were having problems with our connection. It turns out my ISP recently upgraded and speeds are much faster now, so my modem is outdated and that is why we keep having outages/issues with certain websites.

Anyone with this problem may want to call their ISP and see if it is time to upgrade to a new modem. Mine is coming in tomorrow hopefully. If I can patch with my new modem after the next update then then the issue is almost certainly outdated equipment.

If you would like to test this yourself then all you need to do is open your command prompt as administrator (type cmd in your windows search and you'll see it) and utilize the tracert command to test whether or not your packages are making it all the way. You need the IP address of the the target destination and you can use this command to test for anything on the internet giving you trouble, highly recommend learning to use this, not just for gaming, but for any issues you have with accessing something on the internet. It will give you an idea of where to start to solve your problem. I could kick myself for not thinking of this right away. I guess that's why I dropped out of college for comp sci LOL

Here is a guide on how to use tracert properly

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rt-to-troubleshoot-tcp-ip-problems-in-windows
  19. Xible New Member

It worked! Steam download then final patch through a VPN. Thanks for the help!!

P.S. I had a new modem changed in 2 weeks ago by my isp, for what it's worth. Don't know if that's actually the problem. I'm still leaning towards a DBG issue with certain areas or providers, but it's not my wheelhouse. Just glad we got it worked out.

See you in there!
    IronDr4g0n likes this.
  20. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Glad you got in man. I had to split, because life. Headed to my day job now then a nap and my night job. We'll cross paths soon enough I'm sure. Hope the other guys who came here with this problem see this. I'll keep checking this thread just in case. We've solved part of the problem, but it would be nice to get to the root of the issue and not just a workaround. Keeping my ticket open to establish a dialogue with daybreak. Interesting that you just got a new modem. The plot thickens! We'll see what happens when mine comes in and go from there.