Launcher won't patch/crashes after 30 seconds

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IronDr4g0n, Mar 17, 2018.

1. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

I play through steam. Once I log in the launcher checks files, but when the download starts it just stays at 0kb downloaded and then the launcher appears to close itself after 30 seconds or so. It doesn't fully shut down though and says it is still "running" on steam. I have to manually end the task in task manager to restart.

On my 5th reinstall. I have done both steam and the regular download form the website. Followed all these instructions:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217509478-Launchpad-is-stuck-or-won-t-download

Still didn't work

Contacted my ISP, they reset my modem (after I manually reset it multiple times)

Still not working. The launcher refuses to patch no matter what I try. I wanted to be there for day 1 of the new server. I am not the only one with this issue as seen here :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...wont-patch-closes-after-a-few-seconds.248007/

RIP day 1 fun. Feel like I wasted $15 cuz i know damn well they won't refund my steam wallet.
  2. Xible New Member

Same boat here. I already had it installed on two laptops and played on phinny about a year ago.

Neither laptop will patch. Reinstalled and tried all the suggestions. Resetting modem/router did nothing.

Suggestions would be welcome.
  3. Xible New Member

Should also mention, i don't play through steam. Mine is just regular pc download. Both laptops play other games fine but both sit at zero on the patch after checking files for about 30 seconds and then patch screen closes itself but remains active in task manager (while downloading nothing). Same as the OP.
  4. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Guess what I still can't do :). This feels worse than next getting canceled after I spent all that money on landmark.
  5. Xible New Member

Bump. Still can't patch on either comp....
  6. Zavix New Member

Same. TRying to get logged in for the first time in awhile. Patcher won't even connect.
  7. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Anybody? FFS we are missing out missing out on the new server experience. A response from daybreak would be great. This isn't cool
  8. Xible New Member

Same. Also, ticket in for 7 hours now, no response. Both comps ran phinny fine, but neither will update now. Done all the troubleshooting to no affect, so a response from DB would be appreciated.
    IronDr4g0n likes this.
  9. Eccio New Member

Bump, having this issue also, have disabled firewalls and security, deleted launchpad cashe files, tried to reinstall... nothing. Any fix?
    IronDr4g0n likes this.
  10. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Still nothing on my end either man. I've tried everything.

Everquest 2 has the same issue. I assume this is across the board for all daybreak games. This is honesty so discouraging. Even worse that daybreak probably wont answer my ticket for a week or more.

It blows my mind that the ONLY way to contact this company is a ticket system. Why doesn't daybreak have a call center? With all that landmark money and selling crap for hundreds of dollars on the store they should have better customer service.
  11. Yruc Augur

What OS are you running? Windows XP? Vista? 7? 10?

Have you tried installing on a friends computer and then just moving the directory to a thumb drive and then copying it to your computer and then bypassing the patcher?
  12. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

I am on windows 10. I've tried installing on all 3 computers in my house and they all do the same thing. I'd love to do what you suggested, thought about myself, but there is only one problem. None of my friends actually own a computer. Not even laptops.
  13. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

14. Yruc Augur

I think (not sure) but when you use the files from the link you posted you need to bypass the patcher... have you tried that?
  15. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

I have not. I will give it a shot, and if that doesn't work I am going to trying plugging directly into my modem. I suspect this may have something to do with my wireless connection, it's been acting weird lately.

I will report back here with my results
  16. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

I am on windows 10 btw not vista/xp, so that may be part of the problem, but I am not really sure
  17. Yruc Augur

I'm on windows 10 and I have no problem. Those files are for xp / vista.

When you deleted it, did you do the control panel and uninstall programs and delete the folder and make sure it doesn't show up in there?

Bypass your ISP. Set up your phone or something and do a hot spot to see if it will patch that way (or take computer somewhere with free wifi) if it does, then ISP related if not, has to be something with the computer..

Good luck
  18. Xible New Member

My comps are
    1. Windows 10
    2. Windows 7.

Only change since phinny a year ago is ISP.

Direct line to bypass WiFi didn't work.

Both ran phinny fine a year ago. But I moved, and different connection now.

I've done about everything but take them to a different connection. I guess I'll have to try it.
  19. Xible New Member

Still doesn't solve the problem of the launcher not working.
  20. IronDr4g0n Lorekeeper

Same, Direct line didn't work. I contacted my ISP and had them reset everything and boost my signal, but that didn't do anything. The one thing I noticed is that the wireless light on my modem is blinking, which usually means it isn't connected. The thing is, my wireless IS working. The only issue I have is with patching everquest. All other games/downloads work. I tried everquest 2 and that does not work either.

I am going to call the manufacturer of my wireless router and see if they can solve the blinking light issue and then I will try again. If that doesn't work then I will just take my computer over to my neighbors tomorrow and see what happens. Will keep updating as I go