Recent Patch : 03-14-2018

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Johnwick, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Gingyr Elder

/shrugs thats where i did all my tradeskills on my rogue
  2. Gingyr Elder

is the idol going to have healing focus, because it shouldnt until much later. bye bye demand
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

The same could be said if it were the old one. I never got a chance to see the old freeport since I played in Qeynos back in the day (friend who ruined eq for me after he sucked at teaching me how to play a ranger). If they reverted to old freeport tomorrow, everyone complaining would have a huge advantage over me. So, not really a good argument?
  4. Machentoo Augur

I'm sure they'll get to that around the time of Coirnav's successor, which will be released in 2020 with the server name "The Fabled Estrella of Gloomwater." You heard it here first.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

Yes, they increase the value of idol of the underking. They also nuke the potential krono farming market which is always going to be more krono then an idol of the underking is, leaving you with less net krono farming. Sounds like you should be thanking DBG for removing some of the kronofarm from classic for you.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea there was nothing wrong with every raid tunare cleric walking around with a player made pottery idol in mainhand, offhand, and range.

Despite the failure that i firmly believe coirnav will be, these small changes are drastically good. Runnyeye and pottery idols were super ridiculous and seemingly easy fixes.

Now if they could address vp keys and up lucid shard drops by 5x for vex thal keys...
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  7. TeeEHLpee Augur

Address real issues? Hahahaha, not going to happen. They are working on all the other stuff no one really cares about nor get any forum attention.
  8. Rojas_Coirnav Journeyman

I bet TheKing had to cancel his cruise plans for this summer after hearing this announcement.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I made a lot of PP selling permafrost crystals to TheKing and other idol makers.
  10. Darchias Augur

Some fair points, but in-game tradeskilling information is pretty sparse. To be completely honest, if you don't have EQTraders up while you're tradeskilling you're making a mistake no matter what you're doing.

I really do like Freeport for all sorts of tradeskilling. Yes, the large size and some specific combines can be a huge pain, but as a whole it's the best zone for most tradeskills. If I was to change anything, I would move some of the docks merchants closer to their respective buildings and I would put Water Flasks on any merchant in the Pottery area. The blacksmithing building in EFP has a merchant for Water Flasks standing right outside, and the Brewing/Baking building has a merchant with both Water Flasks and Fishing Grubs right outside, very convenient. The Tailoring building in EFP has all the basic armor patterns on one merchant (a luxury, let me assure you) and you can buy unlimited quantities of Bear and Lion Meat for easy bakery combines.

Running around Freeport can be a pain, but it's less of a pain than porting between three different cities to get what you need.
  11. Telvanus Journeyman

Speaking of not having out of era stuff, I don't understand why they dont put chromatic dye in day one. I dont want to wait until Luclin (or is it PoP?) to play Fashionquest.
  12. Green_Mage Augur

The real reason DBG took out idols is because a few players were making too much krono on them.

they weren't overpowered

they weren't too expensive for the player base

they gave a reason to be certain deities.

I'm a little sad tbh
  13. Catashe Augur

Which is funny cause back when Ragefire launched I asked and maybe pushed to put them back into the Luclin era and all Prathun(I think) said was that they really didn't care if Golden Idols were in cause their effect was so minimal in the scheme of things... Apparently there was too many Krono RMT on Golden Idols... Guess that just leaves crafting wise is jewelcrafting then the obvious Efreeti stuff and that hole idol for RMTs to fight over
  14. Taladir Augur

Bobbybick, true American hero.
  15. Darchias Augur

Banded and Fine Plate makes plenty of money in Classic, and I think Dwarf plate, Seafarer Chainmail (human), and Ogre War Plate are all available in classic and all can make the Blacksmith decent profit in the tunnel. Pottery is basically dead, since Opal Encrusted Steins are never worth much, on that we can agree. Wu's still sells, as does Qeynos Afternoon Tea and Misty Thicket Picnics, which have yet to be Luclin locked as they should be.
  16. Catashe Augur

careful or their next target will be Wu's and Picnics/Tea
  17. bbqpulledpork New Member

Agnarr is unable to complete VT in instance. Please revert code.
  18. Darchias Augur

I was a bit unclear. Wu's is a Classic Recipe (Kind of, it started as only Gauntlets and the rest of the set was added in a patch, which I'm nearly certain happened before Kunark), it's Picnics and Tea that would need to be Luclin locked. Frankly, I think they should, if only because Picnics not only make it trivially easy to get 300 Baking before even Kunark comes out, but it also makes all the interesting stat foods in Classic, Kunark, AND Velious completely pointless since they're complete garbage compared to picnics. The only food that's relevant other than Picnics are 10lb. Halas Meat Pies, which I cannot find any information on pertaining to when it was introduced into the game.

Make Provisioning fun again! Remove Picnics and Tea until Luclin!
    Can you tell I have no plans to play in Coirnav? :p
  19. Catashe Augur

Actually Wu's was either late Kunark or Velious.. Actually I just looked it up and Wu's seems to have been introduced in the 5/8/2001 patch which would make it Velious.. So again.. Watch it or the nerfhammer will be coming for you next
  20. Darchias Augur

Ah, my mistake. I tried to look it up but wasn't sure where. How'd you find that info? Might be helpful for future reference.