[Phinigel] Lack of Prophecy of Ro AoC(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Do we get to keep our ToB port AA?!
  2. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This is pretty .

It's frustrating that fixing this isn't in the March patch, but it needs to be in the April patch.

This isn't going to divert people to Cornaiv, we've already done that content, several of us multiple times. This is only going to drive people away altogether. These long stretches of doing the same content endlessly only lead to attrition.
  3. Boze TLP complaint factory

Dev comment beyond "we ran out of time" would be great. Folks have been posting reminders since at least October. Is there any plan to add in AoCs for the rest of the PoR content before TSS opens?
    Venalin and PathToEternity like this.
  4. Finnster Elder

dear Devs, please say no to .
  5. Venalin Journeyman

This will end up being by far the worst poopsock expansion to date, with the most likely outcome being only the top couple guilds who monopolize open world content getting to experience this expansion.

On a server that is 100% designed/marketed towards being an INSTANCED raiding server, where this exact scenario doesn't happen. Whatever the method to do so, being able to see and experience content at appropriate level is the point of this server, and won't be possible in PoR without instancing.

No other expansion had any real progression targets left un-instanced. There are currently 14 guilds on this server that have killed Mayong only a little over halfway into the expansion. With PoR as is, there will be 10-14 guilds that won't be able to see content due to open world raid mobs being monopolized.

These key dropping mobs also drop very good gear, in the anguish - Demi-Plane level. Obviously the open world guilds will want to keep these on lockdown for the loot they provide. Each guild will have to manage to kill every. single. open world. raid boss. not some of them. Not one of a few. All or nothing.

To say this is a disappointment is a huge understatement. PoR is one of the few expansions I personally never got to see in era, and I was incredibly excited to see the raids I havn't seen. To think such a simple task of making AoC instances for a few zones is all that is stopping DBG from 100% completing all open world progression instancing is sad. Something they've known about for a very long time, with the information nicely compiled into a handy list ready to go.

The entirety of GoD was instanced! Even Ferubi, Riwwi and Barindu. And yet all we get for PoR is ToB? Good luck even utilizing it since very few will even get the progression needed to get into ToB to begin with.
    Ryak and Boze like this.
  6. Steincrew_RG3 Journeyman

I would absolutely support delaying PoR on Phinny another month if that's what you guys need to get it instanced. We want to play it!

The least appealing option by far is to just leave everything as is and release it on the 28th. Please help us :)
  7. Smackage3 New Member

An update to confirm if we are at least getting these agents of change before expansion release or not would be great to plan ahead.

Do not mind if we have them or not but just need to know as 'future update will add them' is pretty vague for a time slot.

Thanks.
  8. Punchu Augur

Phinny has, in DoDH, something like 7x more guilds that beat Mayong in era compared to Fippy and Vulak combined. PoR is the last of the level 70 lull and 14+ guilds are ready to go into it to complete the content and get hyped for TSS. Between Corn and no AoC's for PoR, this is going to be a huge hit to the health of the server. Some will suffer PoR for the promises of TSS but we're looking at likely 50% guild attrition, at least.
  9. Kantsyng New Member

I would also be happy for PoR to be postponed if it means we get it in a playable state
  10. Brumans Augur

1. Release as-is <----current plan, worst option
    2. Hotfix to remove the need for those progression targets <---better, but would still rather see progression
    3. Delay PoR launch a month to get AoCs in <----less than ideal, but livable
    4. Just make the mobs spawn enough to handle 14+ guilds in 2 months <---now we're getting somewhere, but that's a lot of extra loot
    5. Make the progression items drop off mobs that spawn often <---this works well enough, no extra loot, and makes the next 2 months workable. AoCs comes when it can, then remove those mobs

Feels like something, even short term, could be done instead of throwing Phinny into this chaos with a shrug and an "oh well!".
  11. Angered Augur

6. Delete POR from existence! revert freeport back to normal!
    A. Relic Dragons become don dragons
    B. TOB AoC will be placed in Plane of Tranquility accessable when The master is defeated
    C. a 3rd statue in Demi plane will be added for the Deathknell instance
    D. all other raid mobs / zones forgotten! all usable loot will be placed on random raid events ranging from tob/demi/relic(new don dragons)
    DoDH will be known as DoDR. i am not sure what DODR stands for so be creative!

We could really use a DEV response... Delay it ? Release TSS? Something
  12. Verve New Member

Can we please get a Dev reply to this thread?

No AoC’s for Relic, Devastation and Sverag zones is going to make PoR progression a total cluster.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

A dev has replied in the other thread. They didn't have time to make all the instances. More time hasn't magically appeared for me, going to assume it's the same for them. Doing a rushed slash and burn fix of adding flags to trash mobs, or making mobs 5 min respawns is more likely to break stuff. Least amount of heartburn here is to add them in when they are done, and just deal with the crybaby threads from everyone not in WT and OGC for a month.
  14. Rovell Elder

It's a shame this wasn't anticipated and planned for appropriately. Hopefully the experience will be better on future servers but that doesn't mean an effort shouldn't be made to ensure the continued success of existing servers. I know you can't just create time out of thin air without re-prioritizing and re-allocating resources (or bringing on new ones) but this kind of stuff just leaves a bitter taste in most people's mouths.
  15. Xenvo New Member

We really need instancing in PoR. Dont fail us now you are so close!
  16. Zipe The Healer

Would love to have this sorted so Phinigel can enjoy PoR when it launches.
    Please fix!
  17. Denn RG Journeyman

As one of many players who never played xpacs past OOW it's very disappointig not to have AoCs which will allow us to expiruence content we never did.
  18. Aziuno Augur

Not instancing this is really going to hurt the servers health.

Dev's have provided Agnarr Prasertums in Seru AoC.
    Dev's have fixed Vule to an instance.
    They correctly Recognized that Keleborn wouldn't be too rough to get flags.

I know you guys are more the capable when you put your mind to it.

Can we please get some comment on this issue? Some of you may think we are screaming the sky is falling... this literally would most likely stop 12 of the 14 guilds on the server from progression until TSS hits. (If not 14/14, depending how hard the top 2 go at each other)

Like many have said, adding a month to do it right (for Phinny, Rage/lockjaw, and Coirnav's futures as well), or adding a bandage solution while a long term one is devised, would be greatly appreciated.
    Boze likes this.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I think PoR should launch as scheduled, but we delay TSS until all 14 guilds beat PoR. That way everyone wins and we all get cookies.
  20. MaxTheLion Augur

No.