Message to Casuals.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

Hey guys just wanted to put this out there.

Phini/Coirnav: is strictly for the hardcore players. If you are a casual player you will find a better experience on Agnarr, Ragefire, Lockjaw.

Secondly, if you are casual and decide to play on Coirnav don't expect to compete with hardcore/Krono farmers.

Thirdly, by the time you make it to max level, 5-6 raiding guilds will have cleared Plane of Sky and most players will have far more DIP than you. So when you finally get to raid like the last week or 2 of the expansion you may or may not get experience all the raid zones.
  2. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

You're kind of assuming casuals want to raid....

I think that Phinny and Coirnav actually have the best experience for people that are truly casual and just want to log in and go level up and have fun. If you don't raid and hit level cap, what happens then? Also, the population of people actually legit leveling their first character (read: PLing their box alt) in exp zones sticks around longer so they don't risk getting left behind as much.
  3. Soulsiphon Elder

I am not saying they are bad, just a different experience. But alot of casuals actually like to raid, they just don't have the time to really devote on getting to that point with a slow xp/fast unlock server
  4. TeeEHLpee Augur

Casuals don't get to kill Naggy!
    Felicite likes this.
  5. Raltar Augur

Phinny and Coirnav seem more casual than Ragefire/Lockjaw, to be honest. Simply because they have AoCs. Getting into Plane of Time with no AoCs was pretty hardcore.
  6. Soulsiphon Elder

When I played on Phini, it took me around 8 weeks to get to lvl 50. And that was playing about 3-4 hours a day grouping. So to me by the time I was max level I was really burnt out on the leveling experience. So I went back to Ragefire where I don't have to spend all my Game time leveling.
  7. Soulsiphon Elder

How much time do you play EQ a day honestly?
  8. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I don't think 25 hours a week really is "casual"...

I get your point. 12 week unlocks with slow exp caters to hardcore for the end game scene. But I don't think that means casual players can't enjoy the server.

Yes, if all you wanna do is log in 2-3 times a week for 3-4 hours and go tell the fishmen "ready" and collect loots, then the slower exp and time required to hit cap may frustrate those with lower playtime.
  9. Ltldogg Augur

Phinny, Coirnav and all other servers are for anyone who wants to play on them, causal, hardcore raider and everyone in between. Its another chance to start over on a fresh server, with a huge population and Classic content only. I'll be enjoying it! :)
    Roxxlyy and Sikem like this.
  10. Thewiz Augur

Instance raids. Guilds can go at their own pace. Open world targets only matter to a small fraction of players in a TLP server like Coirnav.
  11. Turinbar Augur

1/10 , nice trolling but you need to work on your form :)
    Nolrog likes this.
  12. Morbid Journeyman

I'll be on your server, getting my filthy casual germs all over your stuff.
    Mimmie and Dragon Jockey like this.
  13. Silias McKendrick Augur

Well they said they will have 9 months of pop, so looks like
    they just slapped poop sockers in the kisser and gave casuals
    a bone.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

During that 9 months of pop they'll bring out the next server anyways. .. so yeah... save your eq for then?
  15. Soulfire Lorekeeper

People will leave Agnarr for Cornav then come running back when they realize the server will just get replaced eventually and the slower xp etc.

25% population drop on Agnarr is where I'd put my money at. The dest will return.
  16. Ltldogg Augur

I will be enjoying this great new TLP server. I hope DBG continues to put these out. After all, the best EQ gameplay is the early stuff. <--- THAT is why these servers are so popular and DBG keeps putting them out! They are also making new tweaks that I'm loving (ZEM, locked doors, etc) and I hope they do more of it. I also hope they give the players a FV TLP, Red TLP, Classic+RoK+SoV, etc)
  17. Bailen Augur

Garbage rehash servers are the bomb yo
    Malicre likes this.
  18. Chopsuey Augur

Unless you just completely stop playing, you shouldn't be falling that far behind. The biggest leveling phase is in classic, 1-50. After that most (or all) level cap raises are 5 after kunark. You get month's to cap.

As far as worrying about what other guilds do or how fast they clear stuff. Hello AoC raiding, who cares? Join a guild, raid when you can, enjoy yourself if thats what you wanna do.
  19. Diadem New Member

This thead was started for the sole purpose of causing drama. OP has already stated elsewhere that he is not playing on Coirnav.

The ruleset has been decided. If you don't like it, don't play on the server; simple as that. Let other people decide for themselves whether it will work for them or not. No need to make posts like this.

I'm reminded here of the type of people who despise a TV show or streamer yet tune in night after night to watch just to complain about them. How about forget about it and move on with your life. Let the server succeed or fail on its own merits.

There were plenty of casual players who completed everything in era during Phinny; and the nice thing about Everquest is you don't even need to be max level to raid.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  20. Soulsiphon Elder

Someone is a mind reader apparently. Listen "Dev in disguise" stop trying to make it sound like Coirnav is the best thing since sliced bread, because it is not. It is the same old cookie cutter server they made years ago which over 800 players quit in the first month due to the annoying xp grind.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.