Unable to alt-tab in full screen mode

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by yosomith, Aug 10, 2017.

1. yosomith New Member

This is rather recent, I used to alt-tab while in full screen to check webpages on quest info and such. Recently I've been unable to. It looks like it worked by showing the taskbar but none of the windows show up, it's like EQ is forced to the front of everything and wont minimise anymore. Any ideas?
  2. Zinkeh Augur

I just get it where eq then crashes and I get a "reset device failed" and the only solution is hitting the reset button on the computer and rebooting.
  3. Drcoracle Journeyman

Use the Windows key
  4. yosomith New Member

If you read what I said you may have realised the windows key does nothing, it's the same effect as pressing alt-tab. I'll repeat somewhat, anything I do to try to get out of full screen, besides running in a window, makes it seem like EQ is permanently on top with only the taskbar visible. No amount of trying to switch windows in any different way helps.

My guess is that for some reason EQ is refusing to minimise when I alt-tab from full screen for some reason, though I have no idea how to fix the issue.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Make sure EQ is running at the same resolution of your desktop. Weird things happend otherwise.
  6. yosomith New Member

This might be part of the issue. I was messing around with scaling, going to higher resolutions, but I didn't like the effect it had on text and things so I changed everything back. Thinking about it, EQ has refused to alt-tab properly ever since.
  7. Goodgrief New Member

So, I'm having the same problem and I can't figure it out. I'm going to try and re-install the game and my video drivers and just see what happens. But I use a lot of boxes and this is basically taking the game away from me. Not cool.
  8. Margot Heart Elder

I was having the same issue before think i solved it by closing some background programs like twitch etc .
    I also closed fraps dont know which solved my issue but i can alt tab again without getting the reset device error and having to close the game via taskmanager