Everquest 1.0 Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vidrik1, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vidrik1 Journeyman

What I find most surprising about the posts in response to mine isn't really the lack of support among forum users for just a Classic version of EQ on 1 server for players who might like that experience (that was to be expected), rather, it's the seething hatred for such a Classic server and the psycho-analytical screeching autistic posts like the one above.

Obviously this group is mainly comprised of EQ elitists who prefer everyone play according to certain list of in-game standards and a kind of status quo. How dare anyone assume that DBG can do anything backwards, beyond, below, or above what is status quo?

"How dare someone who played EQ mostly in 1999-2000 come in here and demand anything EQ related...I gave up jobs and relationships to raid...1 Classic non-P99 server?!...PFFT! HOW DARE HE?!"

Really? Locked progression at PoP?! One account per computer!? That is soooo ABSURD!!! Yet, it appears someone's preferences are being fulfilled.

People here talk of a "toxic P99 community" and it seems to me that the same players here comprise of the P99 community at large. Birds of a feather no doubt!

[IMG]
  2. Kahna Augur

Not really sure why I am feeding the troll, probably because I am bored at work.

You are the only one screeching here. The rest of us have just been through this song and dance a dozen times before. It's gotten a little stale by now. You are never getting your classic old school server, it doesn't matter how much you fuss, the fiscal benefit isn't worth the time investment or the risk. They admitted that much when the approved P99.

No self respecting company would ever green light an if they thought there was even a remote chance that they would ever go down that path. This ship has sailed, it's not coming back.

Next idea...
  3. Febb Augur

We've pointed out why having a classic server isn't feasible. It isn't our fault you just keep ignoring the facts.
    Ronzark and andross77 like this.
  4. vidrik1 Journeyman

Your argument falls flat on its face when you typed your first letter: There simply is nothing needed more than rules in place similar to the current TPL servers already have...along with a few minor tweaks. Everything you are trying to try to negate in relation to a Classic EQ, has no foundation because everything is already in place to make it happen. The reason you assume "its never gonna happen because of fiscally reasoned reasons..." is so flat-chested it screams envy of titanic proportions. You obviously know nothing IT related other than binding macros, using wasd and moving a mouse cursor. The only reason DBG wouldn't open a Classic server is because of whiny forum stalkers like yourself would bombard them day and night with anti Classic DoT posts, making their ears bleed and causing them to suffocate upon reading such herd-like diatribes.
  5. Soulfire Lorekeeper

1. Lol OP posts about wanting a real classic server.
    2. People post reasons why it can't be, and reference p99.
    3. OP calls them screeching autistic.

I've seen it all now.
    Ronzark likes this.
  6. Febb Augur

Didn't you make a post saying you had the source code for classic EQ because you still have the old install disks?
  7. Son of a... Augur

TeeEHLpee likes this.
  8. TeeEHLpee Augur

Its all about if the server can make money. If DBG thinks a classic server would make them mega money, they would have made it. They still might make one down the road.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

This thread is so ridiculous it's entertaining. ;)
    andross77 likes this.
  10. vidrik1 Journeyman

/*
    * Function: find_trollmaster
    * Returns the pointer to a troll_guildmaster.
    * Used by Trolldom, the Captain of the Trolls
    */
    struct char_data *find_troll_guildmaster(struct char_data *chAtChar)
    {
    struct char_data *ch;

for (ch = world[IN_ROOM(chAtChar)].people; ch; ch = ch->next_in_room)
    if (!FIGHTING(ch) && member_of_troll_guildmasters(ch))
    return (ch);

There, I contributed to the development. Doesn't seem too complex to me.
  11. vidrik1 Journeyman

Never lost loot on a corpse in Lower Guk or by some other mishap? Too bad for you because nothing was more exhilarating than such a corpse run. Mess up once and its gone!

No, you must be referring to World of Warcraft, the Great Carebear Safespace. I am sure you played there and still play there on a daily basis, further attempting to bring such carebearness into EQ, like you have for almost 20 years, making it more and more like WoW.

It's really because of "muh corpse run!" WoW snowflake whiners like you that EQ got rid of one of the true aspects defining MMORPG gameplay - the lovely Corpse Run. I only wish permanent death was implemented in EQ from the start!
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  12. vidrik1 Journeyman

Trolls may not have high charisma but our REGEN is legendary!
  13. vidrik1 Journeyman

You really don't, sorry. Quit pretending you were there. In fact, you were probably born in 1999.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  14. Poledo_EQ Elder

Yup, the GM's couldn't even find my corpse once. I did on the boat at Sister Isle and when I finally got back on the boat after respawning, needless to say the corpse wasn't there, so I spent a lot of time swimming around where the zone line was because I thought maybe it got stuck at that point when it tried to zone with my corpse on it. No luck and I spent a full day looking. GM's came in after a few hours and tried to locate it but they couldn't.
    All this for a level 10 corpse that had like ringmail and a SBS with a mino hatchet. Back then though, that was a couple weeks of work because you didn't just grind out levels, you enjoyed the game and the social experience.
  15. Poledo_EQ Elder

Anyone who has such a dislike for someone because of some disagreements about a game in one thread.... maybe you should look in the mirror man. That's not normal, or healthy
  16. code-zero Augur

IIRC the first of the calls for "Classic" servers started up sometime around PoP being current and it was definitely full blown once LDoN's were around.

It's not that people have some sort of personal problem that they should assess, it's that these sorts of threads and the people who create them all come across like members of a very obnoxious religious group.

None of them ever have anything to say that hasn't been said repeatedly for a dozen or so years.
  17. Morbid Journeyman

So it is alright for you to use the terms carebears and snowflakes, but not okay for him to speculate that you might be a troll?
  18. vidrik1 Journeyman

If you scroll back in the message chain, you'll see I wasnt the first one to call names. I said "I'll give Agnarr a shot. But really, there should be a ruleset on a Server that strips all the carebear/snowflake upgrades away. " Because I called an inanimate object carebear/snowflake, I get called a troll? Yeah, your logic makes sense! Anyone that gets triggered by me saying that and has to pull the "troll" card from their pocket, is in FACT A SNOWFLAKE!
  19. vidrik1 Journeyman

You're a whiny crybaby that calls GMs when an Ogre farts! Go back to WoW.
  20. Morbid Journeyman

Your explanation is not slightly believable. Anyone in mmos who knows those terms knows they are used to try to insult people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.