Everquest 1.0 Server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by vidrik1, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vidrik1 Journeyman

The problem with your solutions is that I would be the only one experiencing most of this. It has to be a level playing field for everyone else.
  2. vidrik1 Journeyman

NO DROP gear is carebear.
    REC level XX is carebear. Its a freaking sword...anyone can wield it.
  3. TLPman Augur

new TLP everyone starts at a level playing field about as close as you will get
  4. vidrik1 Journeyman

New TLP Server...stops at Kunark?
  5. Febb Augur

All servers besides the beta server use the same source code so no it can't be loaded onto an existing server. Also SOE/Daybreak have told us they don't have that source code anymore.
  6. vidrik1 Journeyman

I have the source code. It's available on github. Also, I will loan them my server.
  7. Febb Augur

You have source code, not the same thing.
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

At first glace I thought that maybe the OP was an actual returning player looking for his nostalgia trip. After reading most of his replies I have come to the conclusion he's just another horrible troll. Let us give him his desired attention so he feels validated and he'll eventually move on.
    andross77 likes this.
  9. vidrik1 Journeyman

1. Returning EQ Veteran Player expresses desire to play original EQ version on TPL server.
    2. Opinion creates tears for forum user who proceeds to defame user as a "troll" hoping other forum users will shun him.
    3. EQ Veteran Player "LOLs".
    4. EQ Veteran Player proceeds to respond to other users' posts and exhibit "troll-like" behavior in doing so..
  10. vidrik1 Journeyman

There...I fixed my avatar for you.
    FluttyMan likes this.
  11. FluttyMan Elder

They won't make an everquest 1.0 server simply because the playerbase is way more casual now. People got used to their easy mode EQ and won't go back to hardcord mode. Carebears indeed.

I think EQ 1.0 like you say would be much fun.
  12. Machentoo Augur

They don't actually have the devs for it, at least not on the current EQ team. It takes a significant amount of dev staff resources to support a second code base. There is history here, they have been there and done that with Al`Kabor and decided that the return on investment just isn't there. And this was back when they had 2-3x the dev staff they have now.

P99 can do what they do only because they have a volunteer dev force.
    snailish likes this.
  13. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

The design data is not in version control that can go back that far. The code was moved from MS TFS to P4 so the version history there is lost as well. So it would take a lot of effort to get this going.
  14. snailish Augur

Anyone that wants to play your way could adopt the ruleset and do it with you. At least this way you get to do it...

Otherwise you are waiting for a niche server ruleset that most on these forums would not choose over other niche ideas there are multiple threads about.
  15. Soulfire Lorekeeper

P99 isnt classic anyhow.

Heavily customizable ui.
    Incorrect mechanics.
    Incorrect client.

And everyone who raids mods the ui it to get some form modern freedom stylization. Most people run GINA triggers etc.

Add too boot the terrible corrupt staff (if you know em and got $ you can go places) and toxic community.

The best you can hope to enjoy about p99 is a casual leveling 1-60.

P99 isnt some holy grail.
    Poledo_EQ likes this.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You can never fully recreate the classic "experience" because no matter what features you rollback or take away you aren't going to take away player knowledge which is the biggest difference between 1999 and 2018.
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Not to mention MMO experience in general. For the most part EQ was the first of its kind, and the first MMO for many people. In a way it popped a lot of people's cherries in that aspect, and nothing can re-create that experience.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

It's not that it can't be done, it's that it doesn't make any sense financially so why do it? Most decisions in software development come down to that. Can we do it? Sure. Should we do it? No way.
  19. Dulu Augur

The community isn't that bad.

The main problem with P99 is that it is several years into Velious, which is it's last expansion... So there's nothing really to do or look forward to, other than some more alts.
  20. Indrik New Member

What you want is to go back in time. This is 2018, if EQ was still all of what you are wanting, then EQ would be dead at this point. It had to change due to players leaving. You're dreaming for a fantasy that if you truly had the chance to experience again, I wouldn't be surprised if you quit it again like you obviously did back in 2001.
    andross77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.