SK Tank with 3 boxed toons

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xazier, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Xazier Elder

Hey guys trying to figure out the best 3 toons to box with my SK Tank for fast killing/progression i will be putting all my plat into gearing the SK and I keep hearing stop leveling at 101 and grind AAs from then onward. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
  2. Brohg Augur

... from whom?
  3. strongbus Augur

if you going be maining the sk. I go sk/sham/mage/ench. with 1 healer merc and 1 dps merc for most stuff switching to 2 healer mercs for hard names/missions

This combo give you tank/heals/slow/buffs/great dps/backup tank(mage pet).
  4. TheStugots Augur

I disagree with this ^

With SK main, I'd go with mage, ench and druid...with cleric and wizard mercs. You get all the healing you'll ever need plus track, evac, coth,, slow, haste, regen, cc and the druid synergizes better with the casters than the shaman.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Of the two above, which are both very good, I would give the edge to the one with the druid, because of Track. Ports are also really nice, but Track is such an important part of the game for me.
  6. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I’d personally switch out the Druid with a bard. Track taken care of, boosts all your characters abilities, decent dps now in RoS if you play it right. Will you have to be a great boxer for this, yes. So your mileage may vary if you aren’t utilizing the toons well enough.

With the Bard you will enjoy selos, double invis and having extremely high mana Regen. Basically making you never have to take any med breaks
    And can easily move around just about the whole world.

I box up to 6, of which the following is my regular setup: war (main), clr, brd, mag, enc, wiz.

I’m averaging around 550k dps without any burns etc activated.
    And usually complete cactus event (OT mission) around 2M dps. (Obviously big burning here)

Some stuff I could do a bit better but it is definitely way over “enough”.

I had in the past considered a Druid but the bard is just so crazy at keeping all the casters going making me never have to stop for anything. (I generally always pull around 5+ mobs at a time and bring it up to about 10-15 is burns up. Obviously if I want (but usually don’t) I could mez them all if I want less adrenaline rush and more just laugh at the mobs topple one by one.
  7. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I also realize you mentioned 3 box. If you want kill speed you want to go something like throw in a wiz for one of you boxes. This will enable you to use their alliance which wiz mercs can help proc for you. Hello big boom. :)

Thereafter you have to consider if you want even more dps to improve kill speed or something like utility or heals.

If just killing trash for exp etc load up another dps. But if you want more control of your fate and or handle bigger pulls I would consider a shm/dru/clr.
  8. fortuneteller Augur

Now I cannot Wonder, why is it that some kind of classes have so that their alliance spells Works with merc and others dont ?
  9. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Simply because all classes aren’t available as mercs. Would have been nice tho!
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

from anyone with a bit of common sense.
    Its best to have all your AA lines current when you hit 105 because AA inflation hits really hard.
    Autogrant stops at 100
    I would suggest getting at least 750 to 1000 AA aa's a level if you want to maintain your current power versus content.

Plus if he starts TBM at this point the xp doesn't seem so bad in the form of aa's

on to the OP

not sure how easy to box but a Chanter, Beastlord with a rogue or wizard might be good combo .

shaman/bard can really boost your sk's dps
  11. fortuneteller Augur

Then maybe, NONE should have.
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Yea, sure. It’s a topic for its own thread tho of course.